Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

When he makes the tackle / tidies up and gets rid early he looks solid ... when he tries to be too clever at the back he is prone to errors 

long as he keeps to simple whilst being as vocal as he is then he’s one of the better CB’s in this league 

We were playing compact today and weren't trying to be expansive so he can keep it simple. When we play on the front foot, he's a major part of that and people will just have to accept that this comes with the occasional mistake. It's the calculated risk we take. Shouldn't be a slight on his ability.

• Like 1

Making a few look very silly on here......

Absolute rock again and all you can hear constantly throughout organising the whole team 

13 clean sheets to date and a summer trip to the euros - Well done skipper 👏

• Thanks 1

He took it to another level today. His covering and reading of the game were superb. Much better than I've ever seen him do. I didn't think he had that level of performance in him. 

I don't want people to think that I don't think he's good. But today he put in an elite level performance. His composure when he won the ball and decision making was very very very very good too.

• Like 1

I've criticised him previous and rightly so in my view but I'll credit him when due as well, he was excellent today.

I really do think since Man City he has gone a bit more back to basics in terms of his defending and in my view he is better for it.

• Like 2

Watched the game last night without the enhanced crowd noise, I had it up pretty high as you get to here a lot on the chitchat. 

After about half an hour my missus came in and said "can you hear someone keep shouting Out-out-out" :crylaugh:

• Haha 4

Said it a few weeks ago that he is so inexperienced for his age . Him and Konsa have played the same amount of career games .He has not even reached his prime yet he is always looked at as the experienced of the 2 . .You add in his talking and organising to his natural physical attributes and it is plain to see he is a huge asset that is only going to get better and better. 

Much better from Mings. He's very good when he keeps it simple, and he is a great leader at the back as well. 

I wonder if JT has had a word? JT was never a flair defender and stuck to doing the basics very well. 

Â