Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s world class based on 21 Premier League games this season? I think we can call him world class when he’s played for England full team 70 times. He hasn’t made it yet, I think fans and press are overhyping him beyond belief. Yes, he is a fantastic footballer and very good looking but he’s done nothing yet. He has the potential to be world class, not yet I think

Is harry Kane world class? He only has 45 England caps. Also Southgate is a **** wit so basing world class off of England call ups is stupid. If you are a top ten player or top 3 in your position in one of the 5 big leagues you are world class and as it is grealish falls into both those categories so yes he is world class. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Is harry Kane world class? He only has 45 England caps. Also Southgate is a **** wit so basing world class off of England call ups is stupid. If you are a top ten player or top 3 in your position in one of the 5 big leagues you are world class and as it is grealish falls into both those categories so yes he is world class. 

I think Harry Kane is the best striker in the world, hands down, you don’t? Who do you think is? I think Grealish has the potential to be world class but he’s not quite there yet

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Harry Kane is the best striker in the world, hands down, you don’t? Who do you think is?

You've missed his point. You said you couldn't be world class if you didn't have 70 caps. Kane only has 45. So you're saying he's the best striker in the world but he's not world class?

Lads this is the Mings thread. Stop confusing me. 

FWIW I think the term World Class is branded for too easily these days. Jack will be world class, no doubt about it. But he is not quite there yet. After this season and the Euro’s he will be known all over the world. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s world class based on 21 Premier League games this season? I think we can call him world class when he’s played for England full team 70 times. He hasn’t made it yet, I think fans and press are overhyping him beyond belief. Yes, he is a fantastic footballer and very good looking but he’s done nothing yet. He has the potential to be world class, not yet I think

Harry Kane not world class? Dont think he has 70 caps a very unique world class criteria

Edit... Has already been discussed

Edited by Zatman

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

@sir_gary_cahill the irony of you hyping up every young player we ever produce and then underplaying the best talent we've produced for decades is amazing 

I love you :) 

I think he has become overrated by a lot of fans and media, I’m not saying he’s not a good player but he’s not world class, at least not yet anyway. He has the potential to be world class, to realise that potential, he will have to move away from Villa

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he has become overrated by a lot of fans and media, I’m not saying he’s not a good player but he’s not world class, at least not yet anyway. He has the potential to be world class, to realise that potential, he will have to move away from Villa

His talent is world class. There's not too many players who can do what he does with the ball. You'll see that in time. You recognized it early, but Jack will go on to do great things. 

Emile and Lee were getting quite excited about him last night, just wanting to be a defender that defends, given in this modern day CB's should be able to play out from the back, which I am sure I have seen him do this season

Edited by Sid4ever
Spelling

I like the new three-man defence but, I would like to see Engels play on the right side of that system. No offence meant to Konsa who, I think, will become a really good defender in years to come. But, I think Engels is more physically structured for the battles of the top flight right now and with Mings sweeping up behind him I think we might see a really strong defender in Engels in that system.

2 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

His talent is world class. There's not too many players who can do what he does with the ball. You'll see that in time. You recognized it early, but Jack will go on to do great things. 

He hasn’t done anything yet though, the potential is there, it’s clear to see but that’s all it is at the minute, potential. When he’s played 50 times for England, he can be classed as world class

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Harry Kane is the best striker in the world, hands down, you don’t? Who do you think is? I think Grealish has the potential to be world class but he’s not quite there yet

Record player comes screeching to a halt...

what?

Danny Wellbeck must have 50 odds caps for England, Gordan Cowans barely made double figures. 

England caps are not the best way of determing a players ability. 

3 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I like the new three-man defence but, I would like to see Engels play on the right side of that system. No offence meant to Konsa who, I think, will become a really good defender in years to come. But, I think Engels is more physically structured for the battles of the top flight right now and with Mings sweeping up behind him I think we might see a really strong defender in Engels in that system.

I actually think Konsa has ability that suits a 3 man backline. He is pretty good on the ball, good at breaking forward. Then again, so is Engels. 

Does ‘world class’ mean that a player will play international football, or that they would be in some sort of world first eleven if such a thing existed? If so, then surely only 11 people can be world class at any one time. But if the former, then it really wouldn’t mean that much as you can be an international fairly easily in a small country. Perhaps it means you are one of the best in the world... but without quantifying it and it just being a subjective, qualitative opinion based ‘class’.

Â