Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

26 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Am I right in saying there was a clause in the deal for first England call up? If so I guess we now have to pay Bournemouth some more money.

Not that it's a problem with NSWE.

giphy.gif

i'd imagine when he actually gets a cap, rather than just making the squad. but yes, i did hear that some of the add ons were international appearances

thoroughly deserved though. whatever we have to pay them it'll be worth it

Edited by tomav84

Im chuffed for the chap. Amazing to think, this time last year he was nothing but a a forgotten squad player at Bournemouth. A year later he’s a key player and cult hero for Villa, on the verge of winning his first England cap. Bloody amazing 

pat morita nod GIF

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

On 23/08/2019 at 21:27, Dom_Wren said:

Lads I have been humbled (as a coach) by football more than I know. So I say this very humbly. I’ve got a few qualifications and a decent coaching CV. 

In in my opinion. Mings is England quality and the transfer fee was a snip. He seems so self motivated. He has qualities you can’t coach. 

I think he’s brilliant. He brings so much to the team that as a coach he’s priceless. 

I know i stated the obvious but if you want the winning lottery numbers.....

• Like 1

On 25/08/2019 at 20:08, The Moustache of Teale said:

Possibly fuelled by the obligatory hot bank holiday Sunday drinking session, but I got slightly emotional reading this article:

https://www.joe.co.uk/football/the-new-colossus-tyrone-mings-aston-villa-and-this-brazen-love-affair-238973

Awesome read. Thanks for posting.

• Like 2

looking at the CBs selected, Gomez, Keane, Maguire, Mings, i believe Mings is the only left footer?

Assuming we play a back 3 like at the world cup, he should have a real chance to make the left of the three CB slot his own?

Unless southgate acts like a dummy and selects a right footer on the left of the 3.

20 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Love the lines "first focus is crystal palace" and "hope Jack is next."

infatuated in love GIF

Well earned and fully deserved. Hopefully he will get on the pitch and get some time to show everyone what he can do. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

looking at the CBs selected, Gomez, Keane, Maguire, Mings, i believe Mings is the only left footer?

Assuming we play a back 3 like at the world cup, he should have a real chance to make the left of the three CB slot his own?

Unless southgate acts like a dummy and selects a right footer on the left of the 3.

I'd be surprised if we play 3 at the back if there are only 4 CBs in the squad.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'd be surprised if we play 3 at the back if there are only 4 CBs in the squad.

well, we played 3 at the back for the world cup, and prior to it, so either we are keeping with that formation or Southgate is planning a change?

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

well, we played 3 at the back for the world cup, and prior to it, so either we are keeping with that formation or Southgate is planning a change?

I understand that, the make up of the squad just doesn't scream 3 at the back to me.

Have we played 3 at the back since anyway? I'm pretty sure we didn't in the Nations League.

Edit: just looked back at the last 5 England games and we don't appear to have played 3 at the back in any of those.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

I feel like a proud father for some reason. Absolutely chuffed for him.

Can't remember the last time we had an England player where it felt like the club would be able to keep pace with his ambition.

Massive achievement for Tyrone, but also reward for Deano, JT, and many others who have kept him fit and firing since he arrived here.

(Edit: and Purslow and Suso for signing him early in the window, even when Bournemouth were taking the piss)

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

Â