Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

17 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Doing the rewatch right now and Tyrone was downing a freaking Redbull right before kickoff.  That is the first time I have ever seen a professional athlete shoot a red bull right before kickoff.  Is this a normal pre-match routine or was he a little sleepy at kickoff.  

Aston Villa boss Dean Smith insists Tyrone Mings is ready for England

Aston Villa head coach Dean Smith has long acclaimed the merits of his defensive lynchpin Tyrone Mings earning a first senior England call-up.

Mings, at the age of 26, is undoubtedly at the zenith of his powers having already surpassed for Villa the appearances he had managed in four injury-hit years at Bournemouth.

Signed for £20 million at the beginning of July, Smith believes Mings is ready for England duty having been watched by Gareth Southgate during Friday’s 2-0 victory against Everton ahead of the Euro 2020 qualifiers against Bulgaria and Kosovo.

“I have said before that I don’t think, as a country, we are blessed with too many left-sided, left-footed centre-backs and I am fortunate in that I have two in Mings and Kortney Hause,” Smith said....

“He has been a Premier League player for three years but unfortunately his time at Bournemouth was blotted with injuries.

“When I brought him in last season he performed outstandingly well for me. That player is the player we are all seeing now and he was excellent again on Friday night.”...

“I scoffed at the price, to be honest, at the time,” Smith said. “I took a deep breath. Listen, Bournemouth were driving a hard bargain. They knew that we wanted the player because he had done so well for us.

“It was a very tough one for me to take but he was a player that I believed we needed, so we ended up spending the £20m. And I have no regrets with that.

“We did our business early and when you look later on in the window it looks a snip.

“He is a cult hero here. The fans have taken to his wholehearted performances but it certainly helps that he can work day-to-day on the training ground with John Terry as well.”...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/aston-villa-boss-dean-smith-insists-tyrone-mings-is-ready-for-england-g69cdlwvl 

Bill Howell, Times (paywall)

20 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Please don't get injured. Please don't get injured. Please don't get injured. Please don't get injured. Please don't get injured. Please don't get injured. Please don't get injured. Please don't get injured. Please don't get injured. Please don't get injured. Please don't get injured. 

you don't want him to get injured, do you?

• Haha 1

Â