Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

31 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

I can't think of any other signing we've ever made that has had the kind of impact Tyrone has off the pitch (on the pitch he's not been to shabby either). His enthusiasm for the club, the fans, the team and manager seems to have bound everyone together. 

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He just fits, doesn't he? Love him.

I think this has been massive. I think Carew was the last one who connected so much with the fans. 

For me Aston Villa has been synonymous with a good centre back. Ever since I’ve been a kid I’ve seen great cbs back there.. Teale, McGrath, Ugo, Barry (when he first came through), Southgate, Mellberg, Laursen even to an extent Dunne and Collins. After those we haven’t had anyone. Terry came in and started the trend again (even though it was the end of his career), Mings has stepped it up it feels right to have such a commanding cb back at Villa Park. Him and Engels could really get legendary status if they keep it up.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think this has been massive. I think Carew was the last one who connected so much with the fans. 

For me Aston Villa has been synonymous with a good centre back. Ever since I’ve been a kid I’ve seen great cbs back there.. Teale, McGrath, Ugo, Barry (when he first came through), Southgate, Mellberg, Laursen even to an extent Dunne and Collins. After those we haven’t had anyone. Terry came in and started the trend again (even though it was the end of his career), Mings has stepped it up it feels right to have such a commanding cb back at Villa Park. Him and Engels could really get legendary status if they keep it up.

Hopefully the start of the Meng dynasty? 

Must have been that injury effecting him a bit because he played it very safe (as in taking no risks) the whole game.

Hoofed it on numerous occasions and was less involved in the build up play than he usually is.

His passing % was horrible. 58% which is really bad for a CB as they usually make more safe passes. Engels for example had 82%

Still he soldiered through the pain and helped keep a clean sheet.

Job done.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Must have been that injury effecting him a bit because he played it very safe (as in taking no risks) the whole game.

Hoofed it on numerous occasions and was less involved in the build up play than he usually is.

His passing % was horrible. 58% which is really bad for a CB as they usually make more safe passes. Engels for example had 82%

Job done.

Definitely. I am going to guess it was his right side because when he received the ball he rarely changed direction, just a straight ping down the channel or across the pitch

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

How Tyrone is as a player, with his team mates, with the media, he's soon to be Villa's captain 

Nope.. what’s the point in changing? Jack is doing a fine job as captain. He can lead without the armband 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

How Tyrone is as a player, with his team mates, with the media, he's soon to be Villa's captain 

Good teams have leaders throughout the squad. We also have Heaton who was club captain at Burnley, and Douglas Luiz who's captain of Brazil u-23.

I'm sure Grealish will keep the armband, but Mings will be one of the strongest voices in the dressing room.

When you look at the money being spent then Tyrone mings looks an absolute steel. 

I am out fishing so coverage is making this impossible, but is just one from a Stoke forum. Will try and make a list tomorrow.

Either way it's awesome Deano judged this transfer right 

I must confess I thought we had overpaid for him. Shame on me. He looks every inch (and there are a lot of them a top quality Premier League centre back.  How much they worth these days? Probably would have been a bargain at £40m.

There's still the injury risk with Mings that might stop him from becoming a big success here. That groin injury didn't sound great.

Having said that, if he wasn't injury-prone he would never have gone on loan to the Championship, and would probably be worth £50m+.

14 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Doing the rewatch right now and Tyrone was downing a freaking Redbull right before kickoff.  That is the first time I have ever seen a professional athlete shoot a red bull right before kickoff.  Is this a normal pre-match routine or was he a little sleepy at kickoff.  

He does it before every match. Either a redbull or an orange :lol: 

6 hours ago, sne said:

Job done.

I'm sure I heard Deano say it was a plan to go long to Wesley to stretch Everton who were expected to press us high. So probably explains low percentage

Â