Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

If Maguire goes for £80m then he'll break the transfer record for an English player by £31m, which shows that you can't really compare current prices to past transfer fees.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Ok, I wasnt  going to bother but...since the Post I’ve quoted here is total gobbledegook ......

I stated I couldn’t believe anyone was less than thoroughly delighted.

You said “ who are these people”

I quoted your Post which people can judge for themselves whether it showed you as being “ thoroughly delighted”.

I Then also asked if you were indeed “:thoroughly delighted” ( you gave a a rather  feeble answer, which, again people can judge for themselves whether you seized the opportunity to express your “ thorough delight”.)

Then you told me I’m sarcastic.

You didn’t have to ask me” who are these people”....you couldve said nowt.

You could’ve stuck by your guns and said “ I’m not thoroughly delighted”. 

Or you could said I’d misunderstood the bit I quoted and said you are thoroughly delighted.

Instead, you’ve tried to have all three, and then had a go at me aswell. 

Yawn, keep digging. Weird that it's not my money but I shouldn't have an opinion on it yet you seem very opinionated about people being concerned about the amount spent 🤔🤔🤔  and pretend things have been said that haven't. Very childish behaviour indeed.

I don't have much idea these days about what represents a reasonable market valuation for players, it all seems very unpredictable.

From the evidence of the last few months, I think the people in charge seem to have thought carefully about their business strategy, and it really doesn't seem like the random decisions we have seen before.

So if they think this is a good way to spend limited resources and won't cause problems with making other necessary signings or with FFP, fair enough.  I'm glad it's not my call.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Its irrelevant. 

I might not want my car anymore. I might not like it and just want rid. But if someone takes it for a test drive and tells me they are absolutely in love with it, i'm not going to sell it on the cheap am I. 

Its relevant when you highlight certain parts of a sentence to imply something other than was put.

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

3 1/2 rough years, hes matured and a great player for us but the facts are he cost 8 million and didn't play more than a handful of game in those 3 1/2 years.

£8m 3 and a 1/2 years ago is probably the equivalent of £20m now in terms of football inflation. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

£8m 3 and a 1/2 years ago is probably the equivalent of £20m now in terms of football inflation. 

Yeah in fairness he’s what I would have classed as a £10m 3 years ago. 

But I can live with the fee, I think he has a significant positive impact off the pitch to which is worth £10m alone as it will be tough next year

Just now, R.Bear said:

It seems utterly mental that it costs 20m to buy a Premier League reject defender but great news all the same.

- We wanted him, they knew it

- He's on a fairly long contract

- They don't need to sell

So it was down to us to make it happen, and we did.

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

- We wanted him, they knew it

- He's on a fairly long contract

- They don't need to sell

So it was down to us to make it happen, and we did.

Yeah I understand all that but its still crazy money. It should be a about 5m market rate.

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Yeah I understand all that but its still crazy money. It should be a about 5m market rate.

It would have been 7/8 years ago. We left that market behind when Lerner decided to shop at Aldi, and then we went down.

7 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

It seems utterly mental that it costs 20m to buy a Premier League reject defender but great news all the same.

Burnley paid 15 million last season for Gibson. Ben f****** Gibson

• Like 4

Â