Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

The longer the likes of this deal and the Phillips deal goes on the better the deal will be for us. Leicester have admitted that they've overpaid significantly for Perez because they wanted the deal done ASAP. Purslow is obviously not willing to overpay just to get them in today or tomorrow. The longer it goes on the more Bournemouth and Leeds will get used to the fact that they're leaving and then they will start to want the deal concluded and then that's when we'll have the upper hand.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

The longer the likes of this deal and the Phillips deal goes on the better the deal will be for us. Leicester have admitted that they've overpaid significantly for Perez because they wanted the deal done ASAP. Purslow is obviously not willing to overpay just to get them in today or tomorrow. The longer it goes on the more Bournemouth and Leeds will get used to the fact that they're leaving and then they will start to want the deal concluded and then that's when we'll have the upper hand.

Most sensible thing i've read in a while, almost too sensible. 

2 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

I think this and the Phillips deal are completely different.

Phillips is a first team regular and a key player in their side/system. In an ideal world they wouldn't want to sell. They'll surely want good money (or atleast their valuation of) and they'll need someone to replace him first. They key factors are. Do they feel they can effectively replace him for the money we're prepared to pay and when do they think they need to accept to allow themselves enough time to proceed with signing a replacement. We have no idea if he wants the move or would force it if push came to shove. I suspect that if we want him we'll have to make them an offer they can't refuse.

Mings isn't a regular and won't be a regular this season. They'd always have planned to sell this summer and won't be too bothered about finding a replacement. The issue is clearly valuation and from Villa's poing of view it's entirely sensible to play hardball and wait it out (while looking at other targets). They'll come down or I suspect you might see Mings start to make some noise.

• Like 1

Regarding Mings, the problem I have is why would Bournemouth want to sell a player to a premiership rival? Bournemouth have all the "cards" they can name whatever price they want, it depends on how desperate they think Villa are I guess. 

Regards

Del

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Regarding Mings, the problem I have is why would Bournemouth want to sell a player to a premiership rival? Bournemouth have all the "cards" they can name whatever price they want, it depends on how desperate they think Villa are I guess. 

Regards

Del

This only applies as long as Mings himself allows it. If a player genuinely wants to leave, in this day and age, he'll leave.

• Like 1

I think if Mings really wants this to happen it will happen, but he might need to get proactive to get Bournemouth to come to the table. 

14 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Regards

Del

Bournemouth's problem is that the only value that Mings currently has is what AVFC are willing to pay for him. They won't want him there after the deadline as Howe has no requirement for him, and there's no interest from anyone else. They'll accept an offer once they have to start writing cheques for their incoming players this summer.

• Like 1

Bournemouth are just playing the game - they'll do this in a manner which gives them maximum money and us as little pre-season for Mings as possible - we will be rivals for relegation after all. Pretty small time if you ask me. (subject to my assumption being accurate). 

• Like 1

I think Bournemouth are just trying to get the most amount of money for their asset, it's a sensible business strategy and I'd expect us to do the same if we were in the same position. They know we have a matching clause and are prepared to wait and see if anybody else come in with a bid, it seems like they may have already bought a replacement for him meaning they are well set to play the waiting game.

Another spanner in the works is recent interest in Ake, if he were to leave then they may not let Mings go until they've found Ake's replacement.

I did have a discussion with  @QldVilla about why I thought this wouldn't be a straight forward deal right from the start, Bournemouth aren't some hard up club that just hand over players when the big boys are lurking. It's going to take patience if we want to sign him for anywhere near our valuation of him.

Bournemouth paid £10.5 m for Ming's and his contract runs until 2022 so they are in no rush. If he doesn't go to us then they could loan him out and he would further increase his reputation or maybe get injured and damage it. It's a gamble but I can't see us getting him for less than £20m. We should have negotiated an oprion to purchase at the start of the loan deal they meant both teams would benefit from him doing well,no just Bournemouth ( apart from his contribution to our season)

I think we either need to pay up or move on to another option because the later we leave it then the  more valuable he will become to us and that fact will not be lost on Bournemouth.

33 minutes ago, tinker said:

Bournemouth paid £10.5 m for Ming's and his contract runs until 2022 so they are in no rush. If he doesn't go to us then they could loan him out and he would further increase his reputation or maybe get injured and damage it. It's a gamble but I can't see us getting him for less than £20m. We should have negotiated an oprion to purchase at the start of the loan deal they meant both teams would benefit from him doing well,no just Bournemouth ( apart from his contribution to our season)

I think we either need to pay up or move on to another option because the later we leave it then the  more valuable he will become to us and that fact will not be lost on Bournemouth.

If Bournemouth allow Mings to go out on loan again for another full season then it's getting into a similar situation to McCormack's was here. Having a player they've spent £10m on being on loan for 18 months doesn't make sense - they'll sell him to us this window I'm sure of it. 

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Bournemouth are just playing the game - they'll do this in a manner which gives them maximum money and us as little pre-season for Mings as possible - we will be rivals for relegation after all. Pretty small time if you ask me. (subject to my assumption being accurate). 

Why small time, your description of their strategy is smart, surely?

58 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Why small time, your description of their strategy is smart, surely?

Smart short term, but longer term hardly going to ease things in future transfers. Sort it now or later but price won’t change a great deal, good will goes a long way. IMHO.

2 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

If Bournemouth allow Mings to go out on loan again for another full season then it's getting into a similar situation to McCormack's was here. Having a player they've spent £10m on being on loan for 18 months doesn't make sense - they'll sell him to us this window I'm sure of it. 

McCormack was a bit different though , he never performed while being on loan and we paid most of his wages, his attitude has been questionable from 2 months in.  Ming's has enhanced his reputation while on loan ( typical of us loaning players) and has an expillary attitude

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Does he even have a missus - if he does she must be camera shy or doesn't like holidays..........

This will go through, we're just negotiating like a proper football club for a change.

I’m pretty sure this whole thing came from his female friend/business partner as a month or so ago people were saying his girlfriend had the interior design business and didn’t fancy moving.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

Â