Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Just saying that although that lad was only 10 and autistic, he still had vastly better handwriting than a 30 year old man that I work with. 

Yep, I've seen loads of kids with better handwriting than adults. In fact you could argue most kids write better than adults during a certain period in life. Generally most adults when entering into work lose the skill of handwriting through lack of use. Especially since the age of the PC.  I have always seen handwriting as a creative and artistic form of expression. The letter from the 10yr old in question was actually very lovely and having kids I can appreciate the pride from a parental point of view also.

Anyway, my bad though for having a twitfit. Unfortunately, many boys that grow up don't actually grow up. I have also been cursed with this trait, hence the occasional Homer Simpson moment. 

• Like 1

I think Bournemouth are in a poor position on this deal, doesnt seem any other suitors for Mings and they seem to have no intention of starting him every week and he is probably about 5th choice

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Has changed his twitter profile picture from him in a Villa strip, to his initials.

not to worry that will be not to offend Kappa

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Could well be that. Had a closer look, and it looks like it's the logo of his academy, telling perhaps that he makes no mention of Bournemouth.

Edited by useless

26 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Mings has lots of quite deep roots in Bournemouth the place, if not with the club. Must be quite a tough decision for him.

It’s only a few hours drive. Footballers have these decisions to make all the time, I’d say he is mentally strong enough to cope

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s only a few hours drive. Footballers have these decisions to make all the time, I’d say he is mentally strong enough to cope

Exactly.  It's not like he's contemplating a move to Bulgaria.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think only he can decide his next steps based on his personal loyalties. Don’t think Villa fans can decide for him.

• Like 1

Well, he's still contracted to another club who do not need to sell him.

At least the window closes on 8th August, so if we are left in a quandary on deadline day, if he does get to sign for us, our season won't have started. Biggest club he will have played for and a good stepping stone to the top six for him if he continues to progress. No brainer for him of course... and plucky Bournemouth will hopefully play ball for him. After all... we've been raided enough times over the years by bigger clubs for our good players.  

13 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

He must be on several tens of thousands a week, he could charter a chopper

Â