Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

42 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Bournemouth just announced they've bought a defender for £13,000,000 from our Bristolian friends. Bringing in reinforcements before Tyrone comes home permanently?

It's Lloyd Kelly apparently.. He's a left back so I don't think it will push Tyrone out if Bournemouth  have plans to have Tyrone in central position like we have.

Edited by Dave-R

I’ve always put my hands over my eyes when ever villa have tried passing out from the back or when the ball is played back to a centre halves feet but he looks so comfortable on the ball and he’s like a powerhouse coming up for them corners. The better he plays the more I fear a premier league club will pick up on this. 

On 18/05/2019 at 06:01, Thug said:

Still sounds too much for a player that couldn’t get into a Bournemouth team and has been playing in the championship, and they spent £15m on a player they think is better than him.

I’d like to think more in the 10-15m bracket.

(not based on his ability, based on the situation)

Teams shouldn't be evaluating talent based on the situation, they should be doing it based on what they are actually worth. The money floating around now is such that Mings is worth £15-20m.

On 18/05/2019 at 06:16, KentVillan said:

Yeah, and however much I love him as a player, any transfer fee needs to take into account the injury risk.

The ligament injury is a worry of course, they are always liable to go again. As they are for any player to be fair. But as he is 4 years removed from that it likely won't be taken into account during negotiations. Clubs should try though of course. 

The stress fracture to the spine isn't something that will be considered a potentially reoccurring injury either. Ultimately so long as he passes a medical his injury history will play little to no part in the fee. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

If they think some geezer from Bristol is better than Mings they are off their rockers. 

I don't think they do but I think the relationship between Mings and Howe is done now, and Mings is not going back no matter what.

Probably already been said, but so happy to have him for this final, his calmness and leadership on the pitch could well be the difference on a tight nervous game, he looks like he's been here years and I think he's here to stay, some players seem to fit a way we want to play, if this guy stays calm on the day then villa go back to the big league for me 😎

19 hours ago, Neilbacondavies said:

I’ve always put my hands over my eyes when ever villa have tried passing out from the back or when the ball is played back to a centre halves feet but he looks so comfortable on the ball and he’s like a powerhouse coming up for them corners. The better he plays the more I fear a premier league club will pick up on this. 

If we go up he's 100% signing anyway.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

If we go up he's 100% signing anyway.

Why's that? We get notified of the price if someone bids for him but we've got no option on him or anything have we?

16 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Why's that? We get notified of the price if someone bids for him but we've got no option on him or anything have we?

Yes, we have an option to match any bid

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I’d be very surprised if we didn’t have some kind of option, more than the matching the bid (which was never confirmed and just papertalk as far as I’m aware. 

Smith said when he came in that he didn’t like loans without a follow up option. Look at what Wolves did with their signings last year. I think the terms of the loan going permanent depend on us going up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

I wasn't referring to anything in the deal, just saying, it'd be pretty much guaranteed if we do go up because we'll have the finances and he loves it here.

• Like 1

Tyrone has bee a class act since he arrived in January.  A must signing if we go up, and if we fall at the last hurdle again this season so should do our very best to keep him here anyway.

14 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d be very surprised if we didn’t have some kind of option, more than the matching the bid (which was never confirmed and just papertalk as far as I’m aware. 

Smith said when he came in that he didn’t like loans without a follow up option. Look at what Wolves did with their signings last year. I think the terms of the loan going permanent depend on us going up.

It was Smith who said there was no option to buy but just an option to match any bid Bournemouth received (stupid option as surely you could do that anyway without an option, I suppose it just means Bournemouth would have to inform us and disclose any figures of bids recieved for Mings)

Â