Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

The two yellows resulting in a red card (rightly or wrongly) has put Tyrone in the naughty corner for a couple of hours... So at the moment, he's Tyrone Minge. 😉

But he'll be back soon with renewed vigour and fresh faced. Mings The Merciless will strike back with aplomb I am sure.

50 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Watch the replay closely. It wasn't a handball and cetrainly not blatant. Probably didn't argue because he was on a yellow and the ref was being a rocket polisher even before the penalty. He just laughed sarcastically.

Anyway, sadly it doesn't matter. Hope Jedi has the game of his life on saturday. May the force be with him.

Looked a definite pen to me from behind the goal. In fact, the ref didn’t give it straight away and I though we’d got away with one for a second. Harsh to book him when their player didn’t get a yellow for giving away the pen. Mings’ first yellow was ridiculous too. 

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I thought it was handball, but I've never known something like that to be a bookable offence.  I know they tried it in Spain a few years ago with handball being automatic yellow and it was a farce.

Deliberate handball has been a yellow card for a long time. I'd guess the way Mings leaned into it was enough to convince the ref it was deliberate. I think that's harsh, I don't think he was trying to handball it, he just couldn't get his chest there quick enough :)

The confusion comes, of course, from the laws of the game saying ANY handball has to be deliberate for it to be penalised, and so all handballs should be yellows. Which in practice doesn't make sense.

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I have.

It clearly hits his arm.

Then you would have seen that part of the ball goes behind his left forearm from the camera's perspective. The only other way the ball could have bounced away to the left is if it had hit the outer part of his left forearm. The ball clearly hit his lat.

Use dicount code "nopenalty" for 20% off at specsavers.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Crazy decision for sure. Glad it didn't cost us last night—any way we can appeal for Saturday?

unfortunately not, cant appeal yellows.

Stupid rule that doest take into account championship officials!

Edited by Nigel

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yellow was harsh, but it's a blatant handball. He didn't even argue.

He was having a poor half anyway. It's a blow that he's out on Saturday but the break might do him good.

I think he didn't argue as he would get teh club in trouble you see what happens when you don't go off the pit h straight away you get a charge for failing to control your players. 

It was never a booking for me

• Like 1

I don't think it was deliberate, he clearly, to me,  tries to get down to it and either shoulder it, or chest it. He just couldn't get there soon enough.

Common sense should prevail that after the ridiculous first booking, the referee should have just been a bit lenient...but common sense and Championship referees don't seem to go together.

Not 20 minutes earlier, Albert gets two footed from an abysmal, reckless, out of control, jumped into tackle...and not even a free kick is given.

I cannot bloody wait to get out of this league.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

We'll miss him for sure. Especially his leadership. Hopefully Hause is back. With Axel, they're a more than capable pairing.

Either Kortney or Axel will need to lead the defence on Saturday. Wonder who will take responsibility.

having only just seen the highlights, very much agree with the "yes, a penalty, but WTF about the yellow card", no way is that a booking. Still, we're going to miss him. But at least Axel's had a game and a bit back under his legs after injury. 

If Kortney's injury was only slight then it's easy to bring him back in. Whelan in to midfield might be a wise move to start against Bristol

2 hours ago, LondonVillian said:

Deliberate handball is always a yellow - I'm more angry at the first yellow which was laughable at best

I'll probably be slated for this, but the first one was a yellow all day long.

Their player was niggling at him (maybe should have been a free, but the ref didn't blow it up) and in frustration Tyrone kicked out and tripped him up. Blatant yellow card any day of the week.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Enda said:

I'll probably be slated for this, but the first one was a yellow all day long.

Their player was niggling at him (maybe should have been a free, but the ref didn't blow it up) and in frustration Tyrone kicked out and tripped him up. Blatant yellow card any day of the week.

Either both players get a yellow there or neither of them. We had the ball in possession, both players take little bites at each other and it's a free kick to Rotherham and a yellow card to Mings? No chance

5 minutes ago, weedman said:

Either both players get a yellow there or neither of them. We had the ball in possession, both players take little bites at each other and it's a free kick to Rotherham and a yellow card to Mings? No chance

The ref didn't give a freekick to Mings though, so how could the opposition get booked?

From the highlights I've seen, Mings was kicked, ref missed it, opposition got the ball, Mings retaliated by kicking opposition, ref saw it, ref booked Mings. It's fair enough. Mings didn't argue the booking. I would think that Smith was upset that we didn't get the first free kick, not about the awarding of the card.

The last couple of games, Mings has got wound up by the opposition, may be a chink in his armour, and something that he needs to keep under control.

Â