Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Was awful today.  Seemed to play tilted and caused the penalty.  After that it seemed to be a wake up call to himself to calm down and he got better after the penalty save.  He's still a beast and I want him here, plus after a dozen fantastic games for us, he's allowed an off night every once in a while.

Personally didn't think he was great in the previous game either.  Gave away possession a number of times, and his individual errors led to most of the oppositions chances.

Still want him to make the move permanent though as he has been good since he arrived despite the recent lapses.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

Was awful today.  Seemed to play tilted and caused the penalty.  After that it seemed to be a wake up call to himself to calm down and he got better after the penalty save.  He's still a beast and I want him here, plus after a dozen fantastic games for us, he's allowed an off night every once in a while.

From the bits in the 1st half he was having a feud with a guy with similar hair for Wednesday. Might have ruffled him a bit

8 hours ago, KMitch said:

He wasn’t awful he has just set his own standard so high that any mistake  really stands out. He still won a ridiculous amount of headers and dealt with most of what Sheff Wed through at us.

He did one god awful pass that should have lead to Wednesday scoring again first half but luckily the Wednesday player made a mess of the shit and went completely wide. 

He was poor today but he has been excellent near enough every week. A few less of those performances please Tyrone 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

From the bits in the 1st half he was having a feud with a guy with similar hair for Wednesday. Might have ruffled him a bit

I think his biggest strength is how calm he is, never normally looks uncomfortable, so maybe you're right, maybe the best way to play him is to get under his skin.

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He did one god awful pass that should have lead to Wednesday scoring again first half but luckily the Wednesday player made a mess of the shit and went completely wide. 

He was poor today but he has been excellent near enough every week. A few less of those performances please Tyrone 

Hate it when this happens. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yep, was going to post this. Hector got under his skin and it definitely threw him off. Hector looks like a good player btw, might be worth looking at if we can't sign Mings permanently for whatever reason.

Made a couple of bad mistakes but I still thought he was immense and battled for every ball against tough opponents. His distribution gives us options with long balls we haven’t always had.

He looks like an adult playing in an under 14's league.

That's about as simple as I can put his performances.

Was constantly held and pulled by their number 34 and for some reason he lost his concentration for a large part of the game after those tussles.

Luckily hause/ axel, mopped up when the minginator didn't.

Also worth noting that Hause went off with Tuanzebe coming on, that in itself had the potential to unsettle the defence but we saw the game out well.

Not Mings best game but still dealt with everything thrown at him second half. Personally think he was unlucky for the penalty.

On 06/04/2019 at 23:29, KMitch said:

Was awful today.  Seemed to play tilted and caused the penalty.  After that it seemed to be a wake up call to himself to calm down and he got better after the penalty save.  

Is it possible to rate him as 'awful', if you also acknowledge that 'he got better'? 

Personally, I think he made two or three errors, which saw him drop below his typically very high standard.

Awful is too strong.

• Like 2

Â