Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

He's so class.  He's dominant against attacking players, he's more comfortable on the ball than most midfielders and can deliver a ball better than most midfielders. 

Today he delivered a diagonal ball out from wide left deep in our defence all the way out to (Green?) in an advanced far right position straight to his feet.  Beautiful delivery from a beautiful man. 

He got stuck right into The Villa fans after Jack's goal at at Bluescum.  He ran straight in like he had just scored himself. 

• Like 2

Reports in media is that Southampton want the Mings or are keeping an eye out.

They are 16th and I can't see Mings choosing a team next summer who are riding the bottom, he be best staying put with us.

Another player who's come to us that there career has shot up and we need to sign because they suit he so wonderfully. Mings cost BM 8 mill, at the moment it's all good for them as that's most likely doubled, yet I would pay that for us to snag him, he's exactly what we have needed  Mings and Hause are like a super heroe and his sidekick, they need eachother and compliment eachother every well..

Mings must be ours and it will drive me nuts if our owners don't come in and make him the main target this summer..

19 hours ago, QldVilla said:

After Mings played his first couple of games I said he reminded me of Laursen in his demeanour, courage and style of play, and nothing has happened to change my mind. We have had loan players before, but it looks like he really enjoys being at Villa, you rarely get that from loan players. I'm not sure of the loan deal with Bournemouth, maybe there's an option to buy, but to me he feels like a long term Villa player.

Maybe that’s why he is so desperate to lead us to promotion. So he can sign permanently.

23 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Is this a loan with an agreement to purchase? 

He has been a class act. Leading be example, dominant and putting in top performances!

We have a 'matching clause'

I've no idea what it actually means.

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

We have a 'matching clause'

I've no idea what it actually means.

I presume it means they sell to the highest bidder but if we match the fee then we getcfirst crack. He seems to like it here anyway, so here’s hoping! He’s settled in very well!

This bloke is an absolute monster. He's by far the best defender I've seen at Villa Park since Laursen/Mellberg.

Defensively he is a machine, he reads the game so well and is relentless until he wins the ball. 

With the ball he is brilliant, his passing range is better than most players in our squad. He is so calm bringing the ball out from the back and it helps keep the rest of the back 4 calm, we rarely panic in possession now. The back 4 are a massive part of the way Smith is trying to play, and the improvement has helped the whole team.

He could easily be our captain, but even without the armband he orchestrates the team from the back. If you watch him throughout the game he is constantly talking to those around him.

Get him signed up!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

I presume it means they sell to the highest bidder but if we match the fee then we getcfirst crack. He seems to like it here anyway, so here’s hoping! He’s settled in very well!

Yh, but what a pointless clause.

If there's more than one offer accepted, he will speak to all parties concerned.

"first crack" don't mean diddly-squat.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yeah, he would - he's definitely better than Hause IMO.

Based on form this season Hause looks better to me. We've now got the best looking back line that we've had all season, would be madness to change it IMO.

Â