Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

I think it was intentional, looks to me like he was almost going to step past his face but drew his foot back in. Appears to glance down as well so he was aware of where his head was. 

Maybe it's just the slow-mo and the previous with Zlatan which is an almost identical contact but i'm not so sure. He might not have been provoked this time and has issued an apology but he knew what he was doing. If that was an opposition player on a Villa player we'd be filthy with it. I think he's really lucky to get away with it.

10 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

blatant attempted headbutt on our players foot. no place for it in football. animal

genuinely though, if you think that a professional footballer deliberately stomped on another players face whilst wearing studs, you must also assume that he is a raving violent psycho. Someone who would do that deliberately to someone else would have been locked up long ago imo

White line fever. Could be the most mild mannered guy off the pitch but it all changes in the heat of battle.

30 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

blatant attempted headbutt on our players foot. no place for it in football. animal

genuinely though, if you think that a professional footballer deliberately stomped on another players face whilst wearing studs, you must also assume that he is a raving violent psycho. Someone who would do that deliberately to someone else would have been locked up long ago imo

But he has actually done something similar before...

Edited by Spoony

8 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I don’t know about you, but when I trip over I definitely avoid making eye contact with the floor just to increase my chances of falling and injury.

Nah he looks down, locating exactly where he is and then continues moving. If he's making eye contact with the floor not man he'd have actually come closer to avoiding him rather than landing flush on his face. The more I watch it the more I'm convinced it's deliberate. The whole action looks contrived.

Doesn't make him a monster, he just has a nasty streak in him while out on the pitch. 

Edited by Avcol

26 minutes ago, Avcol said:

I think it was intentional, looks to me like he was almost going to step past his face but drew his foot back in. Appears to glance down as well so he was aware of where his head was. 

Maybe it's just the slow-mo and the previous with Zlatan which is an almost identical contact but i'm not so sure. He might not have been provoked this time and has issued an apology but he knew what he was doing. If that was an opposition player on a Villa player we'd be filthy with it. I think he's really lucky to get away with it.

I agree, tbh. 
Oh well, looks as though he got away with it anyway. 

Tyrone Mings 'to face no action' over alleged stamp on Nelson Oliveira

By Sky Sports News

Last Updated: 04/02/19 4:57pm

Tyrone Mings will face no further action after his clash with Nelson Oliveira

Aston Villa defender Tyrone Mings will face no further action from the FA following the incident involving Nelson Oliveira in Saturday’s game with Reading, Sky Sports News understands.

Mings, making his debut on loan at Villa from Bournemouth, appeared to stamp on the face of Oliveira, leaving him with gashes on his face.

But because the incident was seen by referee Geoff Eltringham and his officials at the time it occurred, he will face no further action.

2:05

Mings steps on Oliveira in Villa debut

Nelson Oliveira was forced off during Reading's draw with Aston Villa on Saturday after Tyrone Mings accidentally stood on his face.

Nelson Oliveira was forced off during Reading's draw with Aston Villa on Saturday after Tyrone Mings accidentally stood on his face.

Mings will, therefore, be available for Villa's home game with Sheffield United in the Sky Bet Championship on Friday - live on Sky Sports.

A Villa vs Sheff Utd

February 8, 2019, 7:00pm

Live on 

Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass

He later posted an apology to the Portuguese forward, writing: "Feel awfully sorry to Oliveira, I hope he is ok."

After the game at the Madejski Stadium, which finished 0-0, Reading posted a tweet which read: "Nelson Oliveira has had surgery and is recovering well."

1:13

Reading 0-0 Aston Villa

Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Reading and Aston Villa.

Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Reading and Aston Villa.

Mings was given a retrospective five-game ban for stamping on the head of Zlatan Ibrahimovic while playing for Bournemouth against Manchester United in 2017

Right decision in my view

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Our fan base confuses me sometimes, we're the first to moan about the squad not being good enough, poor individual performances, the failings of the current manager etc.. etc.. so the club take action to address the shortcomings..

A Villa player on his debut (a more than decent debut I would add) is involved in a horrific challenge and half us want to string him up because he's got previous (which was provoked, unlike this one - but I'm not saying that justifies anything).  He's in an unfamiliar team, hasn't played a lot lately due to injury and is having a pretty good debut - I'll go so far as to say he's looking like what we've been missing since arguably our last truly effective unit - Ugo (may he rest in peace).

Perhaps we could cut him some slack?  He's clearly quite upset about it and I'd like to not see him destroyed in the way Neil Taylor has been by a single, unfortunate incident.  I don't believe Dean Smith is in the habit of signing psychotic centre backs from the dark side but I'll admit we have a problem if he starts accumulating bodies faster than a Rambo movie on speed although at this point I think he was unlucky, I think he deserves our backing whilst wearing the shirt (as many including bluenoses and sky pundits are keen to string him up) and I'd like to keep him playing well for us as I think we'll need him if we're ever to get out of this league. 

I have nothing but sympathy for the injured player and his wife but this is a contact sport played by professionals and sometimes this sort of collision is inevitable, albeit thankfully very rare.

nb: Just seen that he wont be facing any further sanction, which is great news and hopefully help to shield him from the anti-Villa pundits and press

Edited by Darth Villa
Responding to confirmation that no further action will be taken.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It depends on the incident, are you referencing the biting from Suarez? Cos if so, irrespective of whether it's happened before it can't possibly be an accident, barring a seriously unfortunate series of events there's no way you can ever find another person between your teeth and then say it was unintentional. 

In the passage of play they were tussling for the ball, you can see Mings is off balance, I do not think it was intentional and I think a lot of people are looking very silly sat up on their high horses right now. 

i used suarez example because the video at the time wasnt that clear if he'd bitten chiellini, but his previous misdemeanors made everyone jump to that conclusion.

FWIW - i dont know whether he did it deliberately or not...the FA has made the correct decision as it's not clear and i actually voted him MOTM for his performance saturday. i thought he played brilliantly

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This Sky article is a joke, why the agenda against us? Still calling it a stamp and claim that he hasn’t been punished because the referee saw it. That’s bollocks, there was no foul even given so he could have been banned had it not been the accident that it was.

• Like 1

Think it's ridiculous it's been reviewed in the first place.

The ref didn't think it was anything more than an accident which it was and made the correct call at the time.

Clamours for him to be banned and such is stupid, i wouldn't be surprised if twitter demands that the footage be forwarded onto the Hague next to be put forward as a war crime or something.

Accidents happen and he apologised so lets move on.

Edited by AshVilla

I think with this the ref would hav3 looked like a incompetent fool if he wrote he missed that as the injury was serious.

if the ref stated he had t seen it guaranteed mings would have got a three gam3 ban. It will be forgotten in next 24 hours and sky will look fir th3 next sucker to try vilify. Like I say sky hate us, they always choose us for games they hope we will lose, like cup games, away games at Brentford and the forest away game.

watch the biased commentary when we play them  blosers at the sty 

Â