Nicola Ibbetson - CCO

Mark Albrighton

Cue the “can she play left back?” witticisms....

Villa have appointed Nicola Ibbetson as their new chief commercial officer, the latest step in the club’s off-field restructure. 

Ibbetson has joined from Chelsea, where she previously worked with Villa chief executive Christian Purslow. She replaces Luke Organ, who was axed last month as part of a major shake-up aimed at boosting revenue streams. 

A chartered accountant, Ibbetson also spent three years at Manchester United, where she worked on the world-record £750million kit sponsorship deal with Adidas.

Express & Star link

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Check out her LinkedIn page.  She's a real hottie.

She also seems to have Vera Duckworth as a gran in law. 

She looks a bit like Iggy Azalea with black hair.

She seems like one clever cookie though after checking out her credentials.

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Seems way to young to be given a C level role, monumental step up from anything she's done in the past, let's hope she's up to the task.

You’d like to think Purslow has a good idea of her abilities and whether she can make the step up to a more senior role based on their time at Chelsea. 

I can’t pretend to know much about Purslow’s character, but something about him gives me the impression he doesn’t take unnecessary gambles. He seems quite calm and calculated, hopefully this is an astute appointment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

She looks a bit like Iggy Azalea with black hair.

She seems like one clever cookie though after checking out her credentials.

Which credentials were you checking though 🤔

That is very interesting: 

Worked on the biggest sponsorship deal in sports history - the Manchester United + adidas partnership will start in the 15/16 season and is worth £750m to the club.

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Which credentials were you checking though 🤔

That is very interesting: 

Worked on the biggest sponsorship deal in sports history - the Manchester United + adidas partnership will start in the 15/16 season and is worth £750m to the club.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say, that deal would've happened with or without her anyway. 

Anyways best of luck to her. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Gonna go out on a limb here and say, that deal would've happened with or without her anyway. 

Anyways best of luck to her. 

Well we will never know.

She mite have had an hand in a key part of it, it takes many people to sort through all the ugliness of deals like that. The fact she is in there having worked on it is something rather spectacular.

I'd put a bet after looking at her talents that she knows how to deal with a fair amount of back channels when deals like that are made.

We mite be very fortunate to have her at our club.

Now can I see her in a villa shirt please alongside the edan sisters, at this rate we mite get a calendar if we're lucky, titled: The Lady's of Aston Villa 🤩

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

You all are some thirsty fookers, I'll tell you that much...

She's my age and is an executive at the Greatest Football Club in the World...  Ugh...  What have I done with my life???

Anyway, she worked for Purslow at Chelsea and has a lot of experience in this area at both Chelsea and Manure.  Ernst & Young & PwC are also huge companies in the accounting world and have the pick of the litter with top accounting graduates.  She's clearly well thought of by Purslow from their previous roles, so I think she'll be a great addition to the front of house staff.  Welcome!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

You all are some thirsty fookers, I'll tell you that much...

She's my age and is an executive at the Greatest Football Club in the World...  Ugh...  What have I done with my life???

Anyway, she worked for Purslow at Chelsea and has a lot of experience in this area at both Chelsea and Manure.  Ernst & Young & PwC are also huge companies in the accounting world and have the pick of the litter with top accounting graduates.  She's clearly well thought of by Purslow from their previous roles, so I think she'll be a great addition to the front of house staff.  Welcome!!!

Are you are as pretty as her though??

Nah I’m only joking. Hope she can secure us some big sponsorship deals!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â