Villa Park Atmosphere

wilko154

3 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

I was watching it on the telly and the hair was standing up on my arms, reminded me of the game against Inter 94.

You need waxing.....get "with it" man.😆

On 26/08/2019 at 12:06, nick76 said:

Friday was still magical, it wasn’t forced, it wasn’t set up, just 40k Villa fans starting to believe again and falling in love with our club again.  End of last season was the dating, playoff final was the third date evening special and Friday we realised we were in love and told the whole world.

My 40 year love affair of the Villa has had highs and lows....Friday was certainly a high.  I know there will be more highs to come and more lows throughout the rest of my life but Friday will be a game I remember just like those other special games down the years.  What’s more it was just a regular season game, not a final or a local rival game but there was something special to it.

One thing I think we all should remember though, this doesn’t mean we are back, it means we got 3 points.  We could just as easily lose the next 5 league games so we need to enjoy the night and memories but remember this is marathon not a sprint.  We get high because the atmosphere of the game but not too over the top about the result, just as we shouldn’t get too disheartened or abusive if we lose some games. Target is 40 points, we are 3 points closer to that.

Bring this atmosphere to each game and the 40 points is more than achievable. Embrace and enjoy what Friday was, it was amazing...we are all in this together...owners, management, team and fans, and that’s how we’ll survive this season.  We celebrate together, we commiserate together.  We finally have a connection between fans and the club, it’s going to be a hard season, let’s stick together and as fans let’s bring that atmosphere to every game because we are the 12th man.

Just want to highlight this again today after the result. Don’t linger on one game, it’s about the season. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Don't really know where to post it but the BBC are reporting that we incurred the 3rd highest amount of arrests at a match in the country last season.

Stoke were first but more than 50% of their total arrests came from their one game vs local rivals Port Vale.

Unsurprisingly, we were also behind Leeds in 2nd place.

22 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Don't really know where to post it but the BBC are reporting that we incurred the 3rd highest amount of arrests at a match in the country last season.

"At a match". 

Was it against Birmingham City?

22 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Stoke were first but more than 50% of their total arrests came from their one game vs local rivals Port Vale.

Unsurprisingly, we were also behind Leeds in 2nd place.

It's probably because us and Leeds would have had the highest amount of away fans last season. Prem clubs often give smaller allocations.

• 3 months later...

I don't know how to upload videos but my boy has just sent me a video on Whattsapp taken outside VP whilst we were 5-0 down to City, the noise is incredible. I was so happy to belt out songs while we were getting hammered on Sunday, when the chips are down us Villa fans step up.

The video looks like it was posted on Villareport if anyone wants to view it. Alternatively if someone is better than me with regards to uploading stuff on here I'm happy to share the video through Whattsapp. 

14 hours ago, av1 said:

I don't know how to upload videos but my boy has just sent me a video on Whattsapp taken outside VP whilst we were 5-0 down to City, the noise is incredible. I was so happy to belt out songs while we were getting hammered on Sunday, when the chips are down us Villa fans step up.

The video looks like it was posted on Villareport if anyone wants to view it. Alternatively if someone is better than me with regards to uploading stuff on here I'm happy to share the video through Whattsapp. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @S-Platt.

@Zatman that's nonsense mate. After the 3rd and 4th went in many walked out, but simply to the concourse and many returned for the 2nd half. 

Imo there was probably 1/2k at the very most that left. 

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

a lot of the mainstream media seemed to make a big deal saying 5-6000 fans walked out after 30 minutes

Just more social/media BS.

VAR typically causes a 2 minute delay after each goal. Upon conceding, some fans use the moment to take a leak or buy a pie.

Of the half dozen fans around me that I noticed get up on the third goal, everyone of them returned.

Based on that, I estimate the media are 5-6000 out.

• Like 2

Was sat in the North and the atmosphere was poisonous until the 70th minute when all the dickheads left, then it was largely supportive.  

We did sing some songs of support from 70 onwards, but between Alez Alez Alez in the 5th, that was it. 

Â