• Abraham
    • El Ghazi
    • sub. Elmohamady
    • sub. Jedinak
    • sub. Kodjia
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/01/19 at 23:59

always a threat going forward, horrendous at the back. seemed all of their openings were created by our back 4. great to come away with a win, but on the way home i couldnt help but feel that 80% of the league would have beaten us with that performance

can i give collins MOM? had a blinder yesterday...such a shame we didnt get him back

• Like 2

could,nt agree with the Elmo substitution following his recent error filled  inept showings- almost proved costly -again,! and what was that perfect attack breaking  pin-point pass backward from inside their box directly to an Ipswich player?

19 hours ago, Londonastonvilla said:

Negative energy from fans makes players play worse.Creative players avoid anything risky and defenders make more mistakes.

Yes the team are not playing as well as they could. but with toxic atmosphere promotion is impossible.

I agree, and I am not arguing....but it doesn't seem to affect McGinn, Tammy and Jack when he is playing funny that.

I think the fans are more frustrated with the club than the players themselves, because players don't pick themselves, but the manager has no options.

1 hour ago, ExhallVillan said:

could,nt agree with the Elmo substitution following his recent error filled  inept showings- almost proved costly -again,! and what was that perfect attack breaking  pin-point pass backward from inside their box directly to an Ipswich player?

I think Dean, tried to introduce more energy than anything else....but it doesn't always work, as we saw.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

you missed the word " If"

No, I got it. Football games are full of «what ifs». As it happened, we had a lot more of those than did Ipswich and deservedly won the game. Hence me being only slightly annoyed they got back in it. Being a Villa fan is hard enough as it is. I’m not going to let a Ipswich goal that never was reduce the value of a win. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michelsen said:

No, I got it. Football games are full of «what ifs». As it happened, we had a lot more of those than did Ipswich and deservedly won the game. Hence me being only slightly annoyed they got back in it. Being a Villa fan is hard enough as it is. I’m not going to let a Ipswich goal that never was reduce the value of a win. 

but could so easily have been, how different the complexion of things would be then....such fine margins.

but Hey! .....you're right lets enjoy the win.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

but could so easily have been, how different the complexion of things would be then....such fine margins.

It could have been 5-1 just as easily. 

For me, there were signs on recovery in the Hull game when we outworked them and further signs of progress in this one, even though Ipswich are poor - a bit of confidence, a more settled defence, Tammy's goals and a returning Grealish might see a brighter finish to a difficult campaign.

• Like 2

Â