• Abraham
    • El Ghazi
    • sub. Elmohamady
    • sub. Jedinak
    • sub. Kodjia
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/01/19 at 23:59

5 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Villa Park seems like a toxic place to be playing at the moment. 

Probably because the fans aren't stupid. They can see it's going to be tight just make the playoffs and that there are plenty of bang average (at best) players in the team who aren't putting the effort in and are just happy to collect their over inflated wages. I'd list some examples (taylor) but it's obvious who the culprits are. 

Basically we need jack to come back and save our season. 

Edited by villa89
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dale said:

But it wasn't scraping. We created lots of chances that we failed to take, Adomah onside (so someone said). Tammy two missed one on ones, McGinn had to do better with his shots. We made it look hard for the last thirty but we definitely were the better team throughout. 

Ye but if that header late on from them hits the inside of the post rather than the outside, then its another 2-2. 

Should have been out of sight.

• Like 1

Am I the only one? I am sitting here feeling like we lost.  The performance today and the atmosphere in the stadium.... It was so disappointing it actually feels like we lost. 

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We should have won a lot more comfortably but 3 points is the main thing. Did our keeper get yellow card for time wasting while a substitution was taking place?

He was time wasting IMO.

Admittedly, there was a substitution being prepared, but Kalinic basically just stood there. The ref decides when the sub can be made.

A wins a win, but a poor performance, and really hesitant at the back again.

Not sure why Adomah was taken off. He finally looked intetested today, and was running their left back ragged.

Abraham and McGinn the obvious stand outs again.

Oh and a shout out to the Ipswich fans. Fair play to travelling to watch their team, who sadly i cant see getting out of the drop zone, based on todays performance.

We were comfortably the better team for the majority of the game. The problem is, when the opposition have some decent stages of their own, we have a tendency to completely collapse. A win's a win though.

This isn't related to the match, but did anyone see that massive fight in the North Stand lower concourse at HT? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

We were comfortably the better team for the majority of the game. The problem is, when the opposition have some decent stages of their own, we have a tendency to completely collapse. A win's a win though.

If feels like the crowd seem to make the players nervy too.  

Very negative atmosphere at the moment even when we’re winning. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeah, I got that impression to. It feels like nerviness is ingrained into all levels of the club at this point.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Skruff said:

We're  impatient as fans. No supporting the team. Just moans and groans as soon as anyone make one little mistake. Even after periods of some decent displays. We're truly trying our best to make the players underpreform. Villa Park seems like a toxic place to be playing at the moment.

This! Let’s get behind the players! 

• Like 2

A win is a win but we yet again made hard work of that versus a terrible Ipswich side.  Yet again no clean sheet and we are basically a two person team at the moment. The defence is still a shambles and we will have to see how it holds up versus better sides. 

Also why did Smith sub Albert and bring on Elmo? Baffling. Still its 3 points and hopefully we might turn a corner now. 

Yeah, it’s slightly annoying we let them back in the game, but c’mon! We were miles better than them and should have scored at least four, maybe five. I’ll take it, and improve from there. 

43 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not being funny, but i thinks its the other way round.

when half the stand goes to the toilet, when we get a penalty.....i think it's the team that's making us nervous.

Edited by TRO

5 hours ago, Herman22 said:

I didn’t see the game but just caught the highlights on sky. We had enough chances to be out of sight. 

Only conceded from a wonderful strike. I’ll take it. 

The worry is being caught out, again, by a long ball straight down the middle of the pitch. Someone has to be decisive and put their head on it. 

Only 4 points off the play off spots so all to play for. 

Hourihane should have blocked, but decided that running by the opponent was just as good as tackling the opponent.  It wasn’t, and rarely is

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Yeah, it’s slightly annoying we let them back in the game, but c’mon! We were miles better than them and should have scored at least four, maybe five. I’ll take it, and improve from there. 

Slightly annoying...ok, one way of putting it.

if their hitting the post had of gone in..  do you think the sky results reader would have said.....Villa 2 ipswich 2.....but Villa was the better side?

Â