• Abraham
    • El Ghazi
    • sub. Elmohamady
    • sub. Jedinak
    • sub. Kodjia
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/01/19 at 23:59

We were looking good for another goal or two till we took adomah off. I though green was on as didn't check teams before hand but found myself saying ffs green what you doing !! Till I zoomed in and all was explained 

Hutton was killing them down the right with adomah supporting and making runs to give more space or an option.

Then.... nothing...

Well elmo ! Who broke all play down the right up 

He was very very poor 

Edited by brummybloke

Agree we inherited some poor players and a negative way of playing which we have had since MOM’s days but will Smith or any ther of our managers ever give some of our young lads a chance. Yes we played green for a few minutes last week but O’Hare could have done a better job than Elmo. We all know Elmo is poor why use him and not one of the young home grown players. Makes no sense to me.

• Like 2

Abraham’s missed two one on ones. Adomah was onside. Mcginn had a couple  of good chances.

we can all blame the likes of Elmo and Taylor for poor defensive displays but if we aren’t taking away our chances and killing teams off. We will struggle. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Razor said:

Crap

Scraping by the bottom team in the league is isn't good enough 

But it wasn't scraping. We created lots of chances that we failed to take, Adomah onside (so someone said). Tammy two missed one on ones, McGinn had to do better with his shots. We made it look hard for the last thirty but we definitely were the better team throughout. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately we are riddled with mediocrity ..... players who rank more League One than top half of the championship. Hourihane, Adomah, Elmohamady, Bjarnasson, Taylor are all dragging us down with their lack of ability and until the gaffer can replace them with younger players with greater energy and drive then we will struggle. Grealish is one big sticking plaster when he returns but I suspect Smith will need this window and the next one before he can craft a side that will really take off ..... he's polishing a fairly humming turd at the moment !

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dale said:

But it wasn't scraping. We created lots of chances that we failed to take, Adomah onside (so someone said). Tammy two missed one on ones, McGinn had to do better with his shots. We made it look hard for the last thirty but we definitely were the better team throughout. 

I can see where you're coming from, we could (should)  have been out of sight before we even had the penalty. As it was though, it felt like it was all them in the last 20, including them hitting the post. And it  did come down to a dodgy penalty.

It's certainly not a win I'd consider comfortable.

I’ll take some encouragement from that. We created far more chances than we have been doing and should have been a lot more comfortable. 

Ipswich were absolutely pants and yes we made it difficult for ourselves. Chester is so bad at the moment I cannot see the sense in playing injured, if he was putting in performances then fair enough but he’s so bad it’s untrue. If Hause is so unfit he can’t play then doesn’t seem he was the wisest of picks for us when we were so short at CB and in dire need of reinforcements WHO COULD PLAY. The Chester/Taylor partnership is killing us and we got away with it today because Ipswich are so bad.

That said El Gazi, Hourihane, Whelan were all much better today. Tammy and McGinn both good as usual so it was a step forward. 3 points was a must, we got that we are still in the mix. Jack is back in next couple of games and hopefully a new signing or two. 

Dont need to be down beat after this one.

There are glimmers of light. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 2

Painful and nervous last half hour. We missed a whole host of chances and should’ve easily wrapped this up. When they scored a belter to get back in it we seemed nervous and far from convincing. Needed the result, I had us down for 2-1 but should’ve been much more comfortable. 

Overall we probably played with better intensity, pressing and passing in the first half to sixty minutes and created more opportunities than lately, but we were playing bottom of the league and we should’ve been out of sight. Tammy could and should have had a hatful of goals and missed some sitters for him. A clean sheet would’ve been ideal as we did control the game but we ship goals so easily I’ll just take the win and be content with that for now.

Long way to go to get us in playoffs as there’s so many teams above us and some with games in hand. We’re desperate to have Grealish back but it’s going to be a big ask to make playoffs given how many goals we continue to ship.

Â