Cardiff player on missing plane

Guest av1

Its odd isn't it, not long ago Cardiff played Leicester following the helicopter crash and their fans (as would most) responded in a great way. There was talk of a mutual respect between the clubs and a bond being formed.

Now Cardiff look like they've suffered a loss in not dissimilar circumstances.

Funny old game as Jimmy used to say.

• Like 1

This is very sad news and the longer those involved are missing your fears grow deeper for them. 

Such a shame and just proves that money isn't everything in this world and certainly gives no guarantees regarding safety. 

40 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Damn shame, normally you'd be keen for marquee signings to make a splash.

(Yes, yes I know, I'm an absolute bastard, sorry).

When they wanted for him to play to his strengths and run the channels i don't think this is what they meant?.

(Too soon? Sorry I hope he's ok)

Edited by AshVilla

13 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Roughly 150,000 die every single day on this planet. Without a sense of humour we'd be in a state of perpetual mourning.

If you think VT is cold then try joining the Armed Forces or Emergency Services.

OK. I'll do that.

I think it's really distasteful considering he is still missing, and it just happened. 

There is a time and a place to joke about events, but this is not it. Anyone making jokes about Leicester's owner? What about Chape? No didn't think so. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Roughly 150,000 die every single day on this planet. Without a sense of humour we'd be in a state of perpetual mourning.

If you think VT is cold then try joining the Armed Forces or Emergency Services.

Ah so that's why so many have serious mental health problems. 

32 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I think it's really distasteful considering he is still missing, and it just happened. 

There is a time and a place to joke about events, but this is not it. Anyone making jokes about Leicester's owner? What about Chape? No didn't think so. 

149,999 other poor sods croaked it today,  but mostly they weren't rich or famous. They probably never made your social media timeline. 

There's never a good time or place is there ? More people will die on Britain's roads tomorrow than footballers or club owners in aircraft accidents.  You won't hear much about it though I'd imagine.  

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

I think when people start trying to say when and what people can joke about it’s the top of a very slippery and dangerous slope. The extreme example being the Charlie Hebdo shootings.

That some choose to take offence to a joke or think it in poor taste doesn’t mean people aren’t free to make it. We each make our own judgements on these things in line with our own sensibilities.

Its quite right though to say black humour is a defence mechanism of those in certain lines of work. 

I also think that sense of humours don’t always transcend boarders, us Brits have quite a dark sense of humour when it comes to tragedy. I think it’s a consequence of our stiff upper lip, dark humour is a release but it just doesn’t translate/relate well to other nationalities at times.

So for example, this genuine quote is amusing in the circumstances but I don’t think there is anything remotely funny about what appears to have happened.

CFF28C53-E3F7-4A61-A54C-BD241916B587.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Yep lets wait an arbitrary amount of time before it's 'ok' to joke, what do you propose, a week? Two weeks?

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yep lets wait an arbitrary amount of time before it's 'ok' to joke, what do you propose, a week? Two weeks?

But there will be another daily dose of 150,000 deaths then too . Just have to hope it's a day when none of them are famous.

Â