Cardiff player on missing plane

Guest av1

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Crazy that with all the instruments and technology we have, but can't find a plane in the channel. 

Indeed. How that Malaysian Airlines jumbo has never been located is baffling! 

On 24/01/2019 at 17:18, AvfcRigo82 said:

I also find this bizarre.

How two humans and an aircraft can just disappear without trace anywhere is strange.

The larger pieces of the plane are likely deep underwater at this point. While the smaller debris is like trying to find a needle in a haystack assuming the majority of that hasn't also sunk at this point. 

They're looking for what is essentially a Range Rover with wings in a body of water that is 29,000 square miles. Last I heard they called off a search after searching over a 1,700 square mile area, they have barely scratched the surface (literally). 

• Sad 1

On 24/01/2019 at 19:31, Czechlad said:

Voyager 1 is literally 13.2 billion miles away and we still receive photos from that. 

It's just crazy that we can't find a plane. 

We know the trajectory of Voyager, which we also know shouldn't dramatically change (if at all), have actively monitored it and it's contacting us.

The plane meanwhile disappeared after a last known contact point in a huge area, whilst also being quite small even when intact, which it certainly isn't any more, and isn't sending communications to us, and we don't know it's actual trajectory after it's last contact.

They aren't really comparable :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Daweii said:

The larger pieces of the plane are likely deep underwater at this point. While the smaller debris is like trying to find a needle in a haystack assuming the majority of that hasn't also sunk at this point. 

They're looking for what is essentially a Range Rover with wings in a body of water that is 29,000 square miles. Last I heard they called off a search after searching over a 1,700 square mile area, they have barely scratched the surface (literally). 

I'll add to this as I am pretty sad and read some articles on it yesterday.

They think that the plane has crashed into the sea and sunk to the bottom of the deepest part of the English Channel, Hurds Deep.

On April 16th 1951 the submarine HMS Affray sank in Hurds Deep, it wasn't discovered until 14 June 1951. Herds Deep is a depth of 590ft, HMS Affray was found at 272ft. There aren't many divers capable of diving to the depth of the submarine let alone the bottom of Herds Deep. That gives you some insight into the task at hand for the crews searching for this plane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

We know the trajectory of Voyager, which we also know shouldn't dramatically change (if at all), have actively monitored it and it's contacting us.

The plane meanwhile disappeared after a last known contact point in a huge area, whilst also being quite small even when intact, which it certainly isn't any more, and isn't sending communications to us, and we don't know it's actual trajectory after it's last contact.

They aren't really comparable :)

I think his point was just a general musing of technology available to us and how it can be applied and wasn’t meant as a direct comparison considering the obvious differences you’ve highlighted.

They have found some bits of seats/seat covers believed to be from the plane washed up on the north west coast of France. They are doing an underwater sonar search of a 4 square mile area where the plane vanished from radar sometime over the weekend to try and find the sunken wreckage.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You obviously fear the worst now for them both sadly. 

I'd have been fearing the worst within hours of the missing plane being called in. 

Even if the pilot and Sala survived the crash they would have died less than an hour later in the sub-zero waters. Your time of survival in 0 Celsius water is about 45 minutes assuming you had some kind of life jacket.  

As horrible as it is Sala and his pilot likely died on the 21st January, and depending where the crash happened they're potentially irretrievable. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I'd have been fearing the worst within hours of the missing plane being called in. 

Even if the pilot and Sala survived the crash they would have died less than an hour later in the sub-zero waters. Your time of survival in 0 Celsius water is about 45 minutes assuming you had some kind of life jacket.  

As horrible as it is Sala and his pilot likely died on the 21st January, and depending where the crash happened they're potentially irretrievable. 

Such sad circumstances. If that is the case I hope they find the bodies to give the family closure. =(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Such sad circumstances. If that is the case I hope they find the bodies to give the family closure. =(

Hopefully they find them. Closure at this point is going to be the most important thing. 

Tribute tonight for the Nantes - Saint Etienne game.

All the Nantes players were wearing his name on their backs

Game was paused in the 9th minute. Fans and players openly crying.

eeen.jpg

Â