21 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner

• Patriots
    • Rams
  2. 2. End before regulation?

• OT
    • Not OT

16 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

See, I don’t understand what’s wrong with them yet, it’s all completely new to me.

I’ve got a team in mind but I’m still doing a little research. Feels weird randomly picking. 

Yeah don't randomly pick for the sake of having a team.  It's better to be drawn to a team for some reason.  I'd enjoy a few years of it before even trying to decide.  Just obviously not the Raiders...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah don't randomly pick for the sake of having a team.  It's better to be drawn to a team for some reason.  I'd enjoy a few years of it before even trying to decide.  Just obviously not the Raiders...

same here, watched it for about a season and a half and went with LT being my favourite player so chargers as my team

just watch a load of it and pick who you think plays the most exciting football, what you'll find is that there's every danger it wont be the best team, you might also find that what you consider exciting, rushing, big passers, defences that blitz a lot will change what team you like

the only other tip is try and make it an east coast team, they get the earlier kick off slots when they are home ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

same here, watched it for about a season and a half and went with LT being my favourite player so chargers as my team

just watch a load of it and pick who you think plays the most exciting football, what you'll find is that there's every danger it wont be the best team, you might also find that what you consider exciting, rushing, big passers, defences that blitz a lot will change what team you like

the only other tip is try and make it an east coast team, they get the earlier kick off slots when they are home ;) 

I wouldn't even necessarily go with most exciting football because that can change from co-ordinator to co-ordinator and from year to year.  I suppose it's a combination of everything.  An intangible.

18 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I’ve got a team in mind but I’m still doing a little research. Feels weird randomly picking. 

If you pick the Saints now before they find a way to clone Taysom Hill and fill the team with hims ,  then you can always claim to be a fan long before they dominate the NFL for the next 100 years 

if you pick the Flippers then you'll make baby Jebus cry

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I wouldn't even necessarily go with most exciting football because that can change from co-ordinator to co-ordinator and from year to year.  I suppose it's a combination of everything.  An intangible.

I went with Saints as they sold Alligator burgers and had this beer machine that filled your pint up from the bottom ( like the video below)   ..I'm a simple man and the simple things impress me

they do also have the same(ish) embalm as Surrey which is probably the main reason 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

im guessing its because NFL Film owns all the footage but they dont half know how to put together a good documentary, loads out there, puts our football to shame, football life, americas game, all or nothing (thats not NFL film) the timeline, finding giants

"A Football Life - Paul Brown" is probably my favourite of the football life films. I'd love them to do one on Don Hutson or Bob Hayes next.

6 hours ago, BOF said:

I tried for years to really like the Dolphins... just didn't really work. I'd say they are my 2nd team but not that fussed about the results or the players. Plus Miami isn't really my type of city... bit too brash and materialistic. 

Cleveland on the other hand... blue collar city, traditional team, good past but appalling in recent times (like Villa) and I do like the colours. Plus the link to Villa they had via Lerner meant I leant towards them and now i'd say I'm a big fan and considering going to Cleveland for a game next year. Plus as I first properly started liking them during Hue Jacksons reign (1 win 31 losses) so I can never be called a glory supporter especially as their future now looks a lot better! :)

Be interested to hear your shortlist of teams @Paddywhack. As BOF says, if you watch a season as a neutral you will probably find yourself drawn to a team. I do admire Green Bay as well, also for the history and the general setup of the organisation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I tried for years to really like the Dolphins... just didn't really work. I'd say they are my 2nd team but not that fussed about the results or the players. Plus Miami isn't really my type of city... bit too brash and materialistic. 

Cleveland on the other hand... blue collar city, traditional team, good past but appalling in recent times (like Villa) and I do like the colours. Plus the link to Villa they had via Lerner meant I leant towards them and now i'd say I'm a big fan and considering going to Cleveland for a game next year. Plus as I first properly started liking them during Hue Jacksons reign (1 win 31 losses) so I can never be called a glory supporter especially as their future now looks a lot better! :)

Be interested to hear your shortlist of teams @Paddywhack. As BOF says, if you watch a season as a neutral you will probably find yourself drawn to a team. I do admire Green Bay as well, also for the history and the general setup of the organisation. 

Packers are a good shout being a unique team (owned by the community) and the history (Superbowl trophy named after their coach etc). I think they're probably a popular team for everyone other than  obviously their divisional rivals. Probably not a brilliant place to visit though being a fishing village :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, maqroll said:

@Paddywhack I'd research the teams online, watch videos on YouTube about the history of each team, and of course watch a lot of games. Or you can just pick your favorite helmet and call it a day!

be52976f322ee1d96a33cf59a77ba785.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Xela said:

Well it's a shortlist of one at moment - The Steelers. Based on nothing but the fact I like their name and kit, plus they support them in 'This Is Us' and I like that show.

I'm not committing yet though, I haven't even watched a game and for all I know they're a homophobic, racist, match-fixing, cheating, well hated team; I've no idea. :D

The only bad thing I know about them so far is their crest (logo, badge?). It's rubbish.

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Well it's a shortlist of one at moment - The Steelers. Based on nothing but the fact I like their name and kit, plus they support them in 'This Is Us' and I like that show. 

I'm not committing yet though, I haven't even watched a game and for all I know they're a homophobic, racist, match-fixing, cheating, well hated team; I've no idea. :D

The only bad thing I know about them so far is their crest (logo, badge?). It's rubbish.

They are the AFC's traditional powerhouse team. Didn't do much in the 80's but they ruled the 70's and have been a strong team for most of the last 25 years.

• Like 1

This requires a Pats win unfortunately. Any Rams win will carry a huge asterisk, given the joke that was the non-call against the Saints. 

I'd love if the drug tested everyone, right prior to kickoff too as the amount of stimulates they take for the show is ridiculous.

23 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I went with Saints as they sold Alligator burgers and had this beer machine that filled your pint up from the bottom ( like the video below)   ..I'm a simple man and the simple things impress me

they do also have the same(ish) embalm as Surrey which is probably the main reason 

The latest marketing thing over here is that Bud are now going to put a full ingredients label on their beer, especially the light version. People need to know it's low calories or some such. Fermented Rice Water.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

They are the AFC's traditional powerhouse team. Didn't do much in the 80's but they ruled the 70's and have been a strong team for most of the last 25 years.

And they're the only team with their logo on only one side of their helmet (these are the important details!!).

• Like 2

On 24/01/2019 at 13:17, Paddywhack said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 24/01/2019 at 16:52, BOF said:

And they're the only team with their logo on only one side of their helmet (these are the important details!!).

Great fact.

Like the Eagles logo being the only one that faces let 

Â