Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Shropshire Lad

Premier League Relegation 18/19

Recommended Posts

Couldn’t see a thread for this anywhere, so thought I’d start one.

Fifteen games remaining, the bottom seven as it stands -

Pos.                     G/D   Points 

14th Palace         -9        22

15th S’ton          -15      22

16th Burnley        -20      22

17th Newcastle    -12      21

18th Cardiff          - 25    19

19th Fulham         -30     14

20th H’field          -27      11

I’d be surprised if Huddersfield and Fulham survived. Cardiff have a pluckiness about them, but not sure that will be enough. The end of this season has the potential to be the first in while that the bottom three is decided before the title is.

Obviously anyone who will (sadly, probably) joins us next season will have a nice big pot of money to play with. But as it stands, the current bottom three are probably the most preferable three to face next season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, think the same as you. Bottom 2 are dead IMO. Cardiff are the worst of the rest.

Imagine if we got promoted last season. Where do you think we would be? I reckon bottom with about 8 points!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yeah, think the same as you. Bottom 2 are dead IMO. Cardiff are the worst of the rest.

Imagine if we got promoted last season. Where do you think we would be? I reckon bottom with about 8 points!

It would be dreadful. Possibly as bad as the relegation season.

We’ll never know. Best case - but unlikely scenario, maybe (just maybe) Xia would have decided to sell the club for a quick premier league buck and we’d have the opportunity to sign some better players due to the spending powers of the new owners.

However even if that happened, I doubt they would have been any good, just more expensive. We might have kept Johnstone, Terry and Snodgrass I suppose. Probably would have completed the Bryan transfer too.

Hopefully we’ll look back on it and say, on balance, not going up was better in the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yeah, think the same as you. Bottom 2 are dead IMO. Cardiff are the worst of the rest.

Imagine if we got promoted last season. Where do you think we would be? I reckon bottom with about 8 points!

We’d still have Dr X in charge - we’d be bottom and twitter would be broken by now for sure! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure Fulham can be totally written off just yet but it does not look good for them.

I would like Newcastle to fail and be relegated for various reasons mainly aimed at board level on this occasion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huddersfield are gone but for me its a shoot out between Fulham, Burnley and Cardiff to stay up. Would favour Burnley on the condition Hart stays out of goal. Fulham are a bit too far back and Cardiff are solid at home but lacklustre away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Huddersfield and Fulham are down. The other will be cardiff/Southampton or palace 

Newcastle for me are safe

As for us. We would be bottom withouf question in my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burnley will go down with Fulham and Huddersfield, Burnley will pay the price of having a mediocre team punching above its weight while the owners sit on the millions earnt from the club being in the prem for 3 seasons. Dyche will leave a broken man and Burnley will be in the championship going through manager after manager looking to get back up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I am not sure Fulham can be totally written off just yet but it does not look good for them.

I would like Newcastle to fail and be relegated for various reasons mainly aimed at board level on this occasion.

Seven points off safety for Fulham. To give that a little bit of context, they’ve picked up six points in their last ten games.

They have a killer March - Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool and Man City. 

After that it’s a bit more straightforward on paper, the hardest games left are Watford, Everton and Wolves but I’d be surprised if they got out of it.

It would be amusing to see Newcastle drop again, but I’d rather not face them next season I think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes exactly that about Fulham.

If Newcastle dropped I don't think facing them would be as much of a worry this time round. If they happened to drop I don't think Rafa would hang around this time. He'd be gone, imo.

 

(Would like him to do it MO'N style aswell, days before their season starts).

All if I know but would be hillarious. Good luck to Ashley trying to sell that at his stupid asking price.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes exactly that about Fulham.

If Newcastle dropped I don't think facing them would be as much of a worry this time round. If they happened to drop I don't think Rafa would hang around this time. He'd be gone, imo.

 

(Would like him to do it MO'N style aswell, days before their season starts).

All if I know but would be hillarious. Good luck to Ashley trying to sell that at his stupid asking price.

 

I am pretty sure Ashley is not trying to sell. he just says it to wind up fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the current bottom 3 are going. Huddersfield already down and after today Fulham as good as gone aswell. See if this new Argentine striker Cardiff have will score a few for them but uphill struggle with Burnley and Newcastle picking up wins.

I suppose on the bright side those 3 coming down is nothing to worry about. Cardiff and Huddersfield massively overachieved in the first place to get promoted and can't see either doing much next season with new managers (don't think Warnock will stay on). Fulham will be tougher but then they've signed so many players half probably won't want to play for them in championship.

Next season should be easier league we've been in since relegation....but then the standard this season isn't that high and we've really messed things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the current bottom three is the three that get relegated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fulham will have e a massive wage bill. Half their team won't stay there. Sessagnon schrurle cairney maybe even mitrovic won't want to stay

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cardiff still have a chance to stay up. They get thrashed all the time by the top six, which doesn't help their GD any, but they've got a fighting mentality and frankly I wouldn't bet against them winning two or three key matches against rivals with ugly 1-0 wins. 

The other two are obviously finished, and Fulham's finances must be an absolute state. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Cardiff still have a chance to stay up. They get thrashed all the time by the top six, which doesn't help their GD any, but they've got a fighting mentality and frankly I wouldn't bet against them winning two or three key matches against rivals with ugly 1-0 wins. 

The other two are obviously finished, and Fulham's finances must be an absolute state. 

They do and would like to see them stay up if it means Newcastle are relegated.

Fulham are in a mess for sure, £100m blown on their team and I imagine their wage bill will be massive. I agree their finances must be completely shot.

Will Ranieri stay if they are relegated? I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont understand obsession with Newcastle getting relegated. Would mean one automatic spot gone for next season

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cardiff will stay up, they have a good team spirit and kept the core of the team that got them promoted. You can see that grit in a lot of their performances. Complete opposite of Fulham who replaced their half their team with players who don't give two craps about the club and will still have their suitors when they go down. Unless of course Mitrovic goes on a mad run of form (which is possible).

Huddersfield, yeah doomed, I think as a club they've accepted they are doomed and are planning for next season already.

Burnley (same as Cardiff)

Southampton (enough quality and a good manager)

I'd go for either Newcastle, or surprisingly Palace. I don't see where their goals come from most games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was coming around of Cardiff staying up, but I think the loss to Newcastle on the weekend was a big blow to their chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/01/2019 at 21:21, VillaChris said:

Looks like the current bottom 3 are going. Huddersfield already down and after today Fulham as good as gone aswell. See if this new Argentine striker Cardiff have will score a few for them but uphill struggle with Burnley and Newcastle picking up wins.

I suppose on the bright side those 3 coming down is nothing to worry about. Cardiff and Huddersfield massively overachieved in the first place to get promoted and can't see either doing much next season with new managers (don't think Warnock will stay on). Fulham will be tougher but then they've signed so many players half probably won't want to play for them in championship.

Next season should be easier league we've been in since relegation....but then the standard this season isn't that high and we've really messed things up.

It's unfortunately looking like he may have been on board a plane that has 'gone missing'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â