Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aaron seems more flairy and explosive to me.

Different types of player IMO.

JJ can become our Milner.

Yes. Definitely different types of player, I'm impressed with his physicality so quickly. We need to stick with something for a while now and let them gel together. Those 3 yesterday can work 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aaron seems more flairy and explosive to me.

Different types of player IMO.

JJ can become our Milner.

Yeah, Aaron plays further forward as a CAM, Jacob a bit of more of a box-to-box type 

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

There were people on here after the Watford game saying JJ had no business being a pro footballer, ridiculous. 

There were people on here saying the same about Grealish the season before last and he just went for £100m!

19 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

There were people on here saying the same about Grealish the season before last and he just went for £100m!

Which is why opinions on here are best taken with a grain of salt. A lot of them are pretty reactionary and emotionally charged to say the least. But that's football!

I thought he was superb on Saturday. He is starting to win me over, which I’m sure he will be delighted about. I like his industry and his heavy metal style. Still lacking that end product around the box, but it’s coming if he keeps working as hard as he clearly has been. 

• Like 1

When Klopp introduces new attacking players, he often starts by using them more defensively first, like he's currently doing with Harvey Elliott, this is so they learn the less exciting side of football first.

It appears that we are doing this with Ramsey too. I have been pleasently surprised with him so far this season. He has a lot of improving to do, but has undeniable talent. I also really like that he seems to have that nasty/ugly trait that most top players have, for instance, the yellow he got on saturday, although it was much to early on in the game, it still shows a mentality that he is willing to bend the rules, when he needs to. 

I was not convinced of him last season, but I am starting to believe now, very exciting. 

2 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

When Klopp introduces new attacking players, he often starts by using them more defensively first, like he's currently doing with Harvey Elliott, this is so they learn the less exciting side of football first.

It appears that we are doing this with Ramsey too. I have been pleasently surprised with him so far this season. He has a lot of improving to do, but has undeniable talent. I also really like that he seems to have that nasty/ugly trait that most top players have, for instance, the yellow he got on saturday, although it was much to early on in the game, it still shows a mentality that he is willing to bend the rules, when he needs to. 

I was not convinced of him last season, but I am starting to believe now, very exciting. 

He was brilliant on Saturday, surprised he was subbed when he was. Maybe breaking him in gently

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

He was brilliant on Saturday, surprised he was subbed when he was. Maybe breaking him in gently

It would probably have backfired but if he wanted Bailey on I'd have changed it up and taken Axel off instead, keep JJ on and literally go full on Hail Mary attack to the max. We have nothing to lose.

2 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

We needed to go for it tbf. In terms of the midfield, McGinn was actually working incredibly hard for a change, so wouldn't want to discourage that, and nobody else does what Luiz does for us in his role, so it was just a process of elimination I suppose.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

We needed to go for it tbf. In terms of the midfield, McGinn was actually working incredibly hard for a change, so wouldn't want to discourage that, and nobody else does what Luiz does for us in his role, so it was just a process of elimination I suppose.

Come on - I understand some criticism towards McGinn but to say he doesn’t work hard is absolutely ludicrous. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

Come on - I understand some criticism towards McGinn but to say he doesn’t work hard is absolutely ludicrous. 

He always works hard, but it’s almost highlighted by the fact he’s always blowing and covered in sweat etc. Whereas compared to someone like J. Ramsey (who I believe got the highest bleep test score at the club), running around non stop is just effortless. 

They’ve struck up a good pairing in there. If Luiz can keep playing well in behind, that could be our 3 sorted for the year. 

Jacob seems to glide across the pitch. Fast without appearing to be fast . Aggressive without being blood and thunder. Made some great progress over the summer and is going to really take advantage of us not buying another midfielder. Was it Wenger that said that players really progress around 17 20 and 23.  He seems to have done two of those steps !!

Jacob I’m sorry, I never ever thought last season you would be good enough to be anything more than a benchwarmer. I was very very wrong. Edging his way to being one of the first names on the team sheet. It will be interesting to see what ceiling the lad has We have a diamond 

• Like 4

I’d love him to score in front of the Holte soon. 

Once he gets that goal, I think it will give him the confidence to go on and get more and add yet another attribute to his game.

I could be completely wrong with this, but he strikes me as someone who doesn’t realise how good he is and could be. Once he figures it out, he could be an absolute baller for us for the next however many years. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He always works hard, but it’s almost highlighted by the fact he’s always blowing and covered in sweat etc. Whereas compared to someone like J. Ramsey (who I believe got the highest bleep test score at the club), running around non stop is just effortless. 

They’ve struck up a good pairing in there. If Luiz can keep playing well in behind, that could be our 3 sorted for the year. 

Pretty sure Watkins won the bleep test, mate. Agree that JJ looks a good athlete though

59 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Pretty sure Watkins won the bleep test, mate. Agree that JJ looks a good athlete though

Was it? Fair enough. I know Cash, Ramsey and Watkins were right up there. Thought I heard JJ but my point rests - he can run all day!

Â