Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

29 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Anyone on here seen a lot of his brother?

Is he as talented?

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s supposed to be the better one

I’ve said it across a few threads but I think A. Ramsey is the best player in our academy.

Him, Carney and Kesler will all be challenging for regular first team spots in the next 2/3 years. 

This was always the case to extent that I was surprised that Jacob was getting through quicker but fair play to him, he's doing really well.

• Like 2

It think this was always a bit of a plan regarding our transfer window -keep a position 'open' for youth to get game time and develop into Premier league players.

Jacob is taking his chance well, but when he inevitably goes through a tougher spell as young players do, Chuk, Ramsey II or someone like Archer has access to the team without it being closed off for a £40m guy who we are almost forced into playing.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Have to say that I think his integration and development into the first team has been handled brilliantly by Smith and the club - a really positive sign moving forwards 

Not just him either. DS is starting to get more and more of the youth into the first team setup, it is looking really promising 

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo
  • Like 1

He's really growing into the team now, last season he looked like a young guy learning his trade, he's looking like a proper PL player now. He's not dominating games yet, but the rate he's progressing you wouldn't bet against him next season 

If we had spent £15 million for Ramsey this Summer I would now be thinking it's money well spent with his performances and potential.

That just shows the level he is now at. Really good yesterday, finding space in the midfield and not afraid to drive forward with the balls. It's an area we have lacked in for years so looking forward to seeing more of it this season. He now needs a goal or assist to set him on his way for the season.

• Like 2

His movement yesterday was very good, like a seasoned pro. The way he drifted behind Kovacic and Saul yesterday was the reason he was finding himself with so much space to run into for our counterattacks. If he works on his end-product, he'll be some player. I said it before but he's becoming the player we thought Barkley would be last season. He really reminds me of a 20 year old Ross Barkley. Now he just needs to add the 20 yard screamers after those charging runs to his locker.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

This was always the case to extent that I was surprised that Jacob was getting through quicker but fair play to him, he's doing really well.

Aaron seems more flairy and explosive to me.

Different types of player IMO.

JJ can become our Milner.

Â