Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

I hope he's getting fast tracked and won't be just getting sent out on loan next season for 'experience'. He looks a good player already, I expect him to be involved in every squad between now and the end of the season and expect him to start a few games eventually as well. 

• Like 3

I thought he did well yesterday. Was clearly being a little cautious in his play and safety first with his passing which is understandable. The one thing that did stand out is that he makes some very good runs off the ball and finds space which is something we have been missing with Grealish out.

Hopefully he will be getting plenty of game time between now and the end of the season.

• Like 4

He really is a great talent but I don’t want to put too much pressure on him like I have with others in the past, he is only 17 years old but he’s made a great start. He’s got real potential but he could go either way, he’s got an awful lot of natural talent

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He really is a great talent but I don’t want to put too much pressure on him like I have with others in the past, he is only 17 years old but he’s made a great start. He’s got real potential but he could go either way, he’s got an awful lot of natural talent

I'm not making comparisons or anything, but if you're good enough you're good enough, no matter the age.

Theo Walcott, Wayne Rooney, Michael Owen, Aaron Lennon, Jack Wilshere.. all guys who debuted early. You either cope with the pressure or you don't. Making your debut at 21 will be just as nerve wrecking as at 17.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'm not making comparisons or anything, but if you're good enough you're good enough, no matter the age.

Theo Walcott, Wayne Rooney, Michael Owen, Aaron Lennon, Jack Wilshere.. all guys who debuted early. You either cope with the pressure or you don't. Making your debut at 21 will be just as nerve wrecking as at 17.

Agreed entirely 

1 hour ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Really hope Smith plays him for every minute for the rest of the season. It was so refreshing seeing a player have the fitness and intelligence to make forward runs from midfield.  

I agree with you but we don’t want to overplay him, we need to be cautious and don’t ruin him. We’re usually pretty good at it I think

Am I the only one who thought he was trying very hard not to make a mistake?

He was ok, but very cautious. Obviously he will get settled in the team and will become more confident, but I thought he was bang on average and would not stand out put next to 10 other players at his age.

Out of all our youngsters this lad and Green are the only players Smith felt were ready for for the first team squad 

That to me suggest the rest of our youngsters aren’t good enough and are not the answer. 

That includes villatalk favourite Lionel O’Hare

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

He was ok, but very cautious. Obviously he will get settled in the team and will become more confident, but I thought he was bang on average and would not stand out put next to 10 other players at his age.

He does stand out at u18 and u23 level, I think he can translate that form in to our first team. I think he’s that good, considering it was his debut, I thought he did well

17 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Probably the best alternative we have atm to Jack.

From the limited amount of game I was able to watch on Saturday due to a poor stream, he seemed to make good runs into the box, and draw defenders.We haven't got another midfielder who does that enough.

Agreed, I think McGinn can do that though

2 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Probably the best alternative we have atm to Jack.

From the limited amount of game I was able to watch on Saturday due to a poor stream, he seemed to make good runs into the box, and draw defenders.We haven't got another midfielder who does that enough.

Absolutely, with Lansbury and Carroll injured as well as Jack, we need someone who can pull players out of the shape, create space for others. Not sure it's Ramsey but he showed some nice stuff when he came on after he settled down a bit. With McGinn out now too, it's not like we don't have room in the midfield to try him out a bit.

3 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Expected really though, 0-2 down in a derby, hardly going to do something that could back fire. I’m sure he’ll improve with more game time. 

Â