Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

He's not quite ready and he looked nervous - but these are difficult times and he'll benefit hugely from the game time. 

I thought when he came on he was trying very hard to do the right thing, rather than the natural thing - he was getting knocked off it easily, as he will at his age - but he improved as he started to forget the occasion and play the match - I think this appearance will settle him for the next one and I think the next one will be very soon.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's not quite ready and he looked nervous - but these are difficult times and he'll benefit hugely from the game time. 

I thought when he came on he was trying very hard to do the right thing, rather than the natural thing - he was getting knocked off it easily, as he will at his age - but he improved as he started to forget the occasion and play the match - I think this appearance will settle him for the next one and I think the next one will be very soon.

Nerves disappear with experience mate. He should get games now because he's part of our future whilst many of the current crop will be distant memories very soon. 

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

No worse than Hourihane so I see no reason not to play him. He had a decent debut, he tried to get involved, can't ask much more really.

A few nervous early touches where he gave the ball away but overall passed the ball better and retained control of the ball better than Hourihane which is a bit of a damning indictment of Hourinhane as we are discussing a 17 year old kid on his debut. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

He was very good considering the situation he came into, 2-0 down with a well drilled Baggies side parking the bus. He wasn’t afraid to move into spaces to get the ball, kept possession well after a couple of early touches not quite falling for him.

What I find most interesting is the idea of him allowing us to play a different formation if he develops. Imagine not having to pick between Adomah and Elmohamady?

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Agree with all that mate. There is a long way to go but there were a few promising signs. 

Â