Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

17 year old attacking midfielder Jacob Ramsey has penned his first professional contract, only says long term on the OS, doesn’t specify how long. He’s a very good footballer, gets a lot of goals from midfield, he’s got a chance

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, villarocker said:

No offence SGC - I love your enthusiasm for all things AVFC - but, we could give a first pro contract to a three-legged, four-fingered death mute and you'd say even they've got a chance ;):flag:

He really is brilliant and he’s born 28 May 2001, that makes me feel ancient

14 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a very good footballer, gets a lot of goals from midfield

Just one quick question, have you ever seen any underage player playing for Villa who wasn't a very good footballer? Maybe you watch an underage game and can see straight away that a few of the lads playing aren't going to make it, which is what happens to 99% of them.

Will follow this guy with a lot of interest.

I hope we'll either integrate him into the squad and utilize the loan market in a good way for him to evolve. The players that show they are too good for their current level needs to be allowed to hone their skill and improve in a more challenging environment. 

Edited by Skruff

Just now, Skruff said:

I hope we'll either integrate him into the squad and utilize the loan market in a good way for him to evolve. The players that show they are too good for their current level needs to be allowed to hone their skill and improve under a more challenging environment. 

The next challenge for him will be the step up to U23 level. If he's performing at U23 level next season like he is at U18 level this season, then we'll need to do some thinking - but there's still a step up for him to make at youth and reserve level.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The next challenge for him will be the step up to U23 level. If he's performing at U23 level next season like he is at U18 level this season, then we'll need to do some thinking - but there's still a step up for him to make at youth and reserve level.

Offcourse. And I expect he will make appearances for the 23 in the not too distant future. He seems capabale of that sooner rather then later. Or do you think he needs more time to develop? 

I'm more concerned with what happens when he's made that step. My impression is that some of our players seems to be stuck in a limbo between our first team, where they're given too little time and the u23s, where they are too good. 

Might just be impatience and naivitity from my side. 

When that's said. I'm impressed with the team In the matches I've watched with our youth teams. They seem to play with great tempo, eagerness, press, physicality. They seem to play like our first team is supposed to.

Â