Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

12 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yawn. You paying me rent living up there in your head? 

I know this is irrelevant, but surely if you're living in his head, you should be paying him rent, not the other way around?

Back on topic, I've hoped for a while that he'd come good. He always looked tidy if a little naive, but as time goes on he looks to be getting better. Majorly improved us when he came on against Watford and did himself plenty of justice today. Long may it continue.

Also, if the general trend of younger brothers being better than their older siblings continues with these guys, we're in for a treat in about a year or two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greenfly said:

I know this is irrelevant, but surely if you're living in his head, you should be paying him rent, not the other way around?

Back on topic, I've hoped for a while that he'd come good. He always looked tidy if a little naive, but as time goes on he looks to be getting better. Majorly improved us when he came on against Watford and did himself plenty of justice today. Long may it continue.

Also, if the general trend of younger brothers being better than their older siblings continues with these guys, we're in for a treat in about a year or two.

You make a very good point!

I always thought Aaron was the most highly rated of the two. But you mention a third…is there 3 Ramsey brothers?!

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You make a very good point!

I always thought Aaron was the most highly rated of the two. But you mention a third…is there 3 Ramsey brothers?!

Well I was referring to Aaron there, but now you mention it I'm pretty sure there actually is a third. He's still in the u12s at the moment though I think. We'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Well I was referring to Aaron there, but now you mention it I'm pretty sure there actually is a third. He's still in the u12s at the moment though I think. We'll have to wait and see.

Get him in the side! Can he play as a holding mid?

• Like 1

He grew into the game yesterday and finished it very well.

That said, Newcastle put us under very little pressure, so it'll be interesting to see how he does when teams we play raise the tempo and close him down much quicker.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Greenfly said:

Who needs a feeder club when we have Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Who needs a feeder club when we have Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey?

Let’s all chip in to send them some candles, a Celine Dion LP and a tube of Vaseline. 

Got a feeling Ramsey is going to be a nailed on starter this season, at least until Sanson gets back from injury.

(Be good to see the whole midfield included, though. I think the comparison between 4-2-3-1 vs Watford and 4-3-3 / 4-1-4-1 vs Newcastle probably makes JJ stand out here.)

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Got a feeling Ramsey is going to be a nailed on starter this season, at least until Sanson gets back from injury.

(Be good to see the whole midfield included, though. I think the comparison between 4-2-3-1 vs Watford and 4-3-3 / 4-1-4-1 vs Newcastle probably makes JJ stand out here.)

Ramsey has always been statistically really good at pressuring anyway so that's not that surprising.

In comparison to the other midfielders it was,

Pressures

Jacob Ramsey- 17

Dougas Luiz- 18

John Mcginn- 6

Successful Pressures

Jacob Ramsey- 5

Douglas Luiz- 3

John Mcginn- 3

The funny thing is, his average amount of pressures per 90 last season was 28.61 and successful pressures was 8.63. So if anything, he pressured less than he normally did last season in this game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

FB ref figures very different.

For attempted, Douglas Luiz tops the list with 18 - For successful, Cash also had 5. Odd.

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

FB ref figures very different.

For attempted, Douglas Luiz tops the list with 18 - For successful, Cash also had 5. Odd.

The Tweets are a comparison of “the front 4”. Which makes sense vs Watford as we had a clear front 4. Vs Newcastle we had a front 3, so not sure why he’s dropped Ramsey in there, but still thought it was interesting.

@Laughable Chimppost is better

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’re sorted for no.8’s. Between Ramsey, McGinn and Sanson, we’re stacked. Personally, I think Ramsey has the potential to be best of the lot. 

If we can just find a very good defensive midfielder, it will be ace.

Is Chukwuemeka also an 8? Or more of a 10?

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Not sure in truth. Excited to see him against Barrow though! I imagine he’ll start along with JPB.

Yep they both look very useful. Ramsey’s progress is really reassuring that the club has a good pathway for these players.

Â