Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

I do really like him. He always seems to be better when he comes on as a sub though is my only issue. 

I genuinely think a full season on loan in the championship would really help him. But, because we’ve neglected the central midfield area in this transfer window, I don’t actually think he can leave. 

May have done enough to start against Newcastle in a 4-3-3. Can’t see him starting in a 4-2-3-1. 

On 16/08/2021 at 09:43, Delphinho123 said:

I do really like him. He always seems to be better when he comes on as a sub though is my only issue. 

I genuinely think a full season on loan in the championship would really help him. But, because we’ve neglected the central midfield area in this transfer window, I don’t actually think he can leave. 

May have done enough to start against Newcastle in a 4-3-3. Can’t see him starting in a 4-2-3-1. 

Sums up my thoughts too. I think at minimum his energy always brings something useful, even when he's playing poorly.

Until Sanson and Doug is back and ready and/or we get in another CM we'll probably need him to stick around. I do think he could do really well in the championship, playing for the right side.

He has all the attributes to be an excellent midfielder. He’s quick, will run all day, comfortable with the ball at his feet and he gets about the pitch. I think he could turn into a very good no.10 actually. 

Whether he will or not, time will tell. For now, I’d probably be starting him in a midfield 3 alongside McGinn and Luiz. 

I’d love to play Buendia as a 10 but not sure we have decent enough central midfielders to play the 2 behind him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He has all the attributes to be an excellent midfielder. He’s quick, will run all day, comfortable with the ball at his feet and he gets about the pitch. I think he could turn into a very good no.10 actually. 

Whether he will or not, time will tell. For now, I’d probably be starting him in a midfield 3 alongside McGinn and Luiz. 

I’d love to play Buendia as a 10 but not sure we have decent enough central midfielders to play the 2 behind him. 

I think there is a proper player in there as well. He is technically very good and seems confident on the ball but lacks a little self belief at the moment, more so in his demeanour on the pitch than his actual football ability. A goal or assist of 2 and I think this will change.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WHY said:

I think there is a proper player in there as well. He is technically very good and seems confident on the ball but lacks a little self belief at the moment, more so in his demeanour on the pitch than his actual football ability. A goal or assist of 2 and I think this will change.

I watched Willock a few times last season and if Ramsey could add that goalscoring instinct to his game, I think he can be the better player.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WHY said:

He did last season, I felt - but certainly didn't seem like that against Watford IMO.

Was great today, put himself about, ran with it well and moved the ball well.

What I will say is that he was growing in confidence, I think he could have been even better today had he taken some of the spaces and opportunity his play was giving him. 

Â