Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i think he will benefit with a loan move to the championship. Maybe someone like cardiff swansea or stoke

Maybe I'm wrong but we dont ever seem to send our youngsters to the championship only usually the more established players who you know are on their way out. 

55 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Smith said he would be around until deadline day so I take they will have a proper look at him and decide if he is going out on loan or not

To me, that suggests we might be after a midfielder, and if we manage to acquire him Ramsey will then leave on loan. If not hourihane will likely start and ramsay will be backup (unless we get a left winger and move jack in midfield). I hope it's the former, a year of regular football in the championship will give him valuable experience and he might move up the hierarchy taking Conor's place. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Maybe I'm wrong but we dont ever seem to send our youngsters to the championship only usually the more established players who you know are on their way out. 

I think a Swansea or someone similar would be very beneficial for him. They try and play good football. Or even the feel of been around a big club with pressure that's on them in league 1, Sunderland. Would have to be under the condition though that he's going out to play. He's a special talent. Lit Doncaster up and he was barely in the door.

19 minutes ago, WooJung said:

To me, that suggests we might be after a midfielder, and if we manage to acquire him Ramsey will then leave on loan. If not hourihane will likely start and ramsay will be backup (unless we get a left winger and move jack in midfield). I hope it's the former, a year of regular football in the championship will give him valuable experience and he might move up the hierarchy taking Conor's place. 

If he starts and plays well against Bristol City in the league cup, Smith's gonna have a problem i think. My issue is out of Luiz, Nakamba, McGinn, and Hourihane only Luiz is probably the only bit of genuine class who ended the season in form. I don't get the McGinn non selection last night, looked after the restart that he really needed minutes, how can you spare a fella for Sheffield United who needs minutes . He's a very good player who let's be honest, we don't know what version of him is gonna turn up at the start of the season. If we can't get someone in, Ramsey has to stay.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RichiBoi11 said:

On that subject, if you look at the layout in the Watkins interview where he's in our home dressing room, Grealish has chosen a locker directly between Taylor and Lansbury. That wouldn't be coincidence, so the team captain electing to be with them speaks volumes for their popularity.

Its so he has more space in the locker room as the other 2 won't get a look in barring injuries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Just from Burton highlights can see already massive upgrade on Hourihane as a central midfielder

No chance. I watched the match. We were very poor.

Burton were a much lower-quality outfit, and Hourihane would have bossed that game.

On 15/01/2019 at 17:42, sir_gary_cahill said:

17 year old attacking midfielder Jacob Ramsey has penned his first professional contract, only says long term on the OS, doesn’t specify how long. He’s a very good footballer, gets a lot of goals from midfield, he’s got a chance

On 15/01/2019 at 17:49, Villarocker said:

No offence SGC - I love your enthusiasm for all things AVFC - but, we could give a first pro contract to a three-legged, four-fingered death mute and you'd say even they've got a chance ;):flag:

PS: Good luck for the future Jacob!

I'm with SGC on this one.  Ramsey is going to be an excellent player.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Brumerican said:

Yes. Apparently he's even better but I've been Moored before.

Don’t forget Gardnered lol I have heard good things mind, a work colleague follows all our youth players (not literally) and he really rates him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

I'm with SGC on this one.  Ramsey is going to be an excellent player.

The great thing  now  is that  our club is  willing to give   players chances   and  to   improve  the  youth setup. What's the point of having great prospects  but   without  giving   them chances or  helping them    developing?

We only have Grealish and Davis  from our  academy.  Ramsey  brothers,  Barry, Vassiliv  and  those   new    players  that   came  this   summer, all are rated highly. If 3-4 stepped up to became as people potentially think, then we'll have some players in our hands.

• Like 1

Â