Match Thread: Wigan v Villa

limpid

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

O'Hare isn't on the bench. (and I think that formation would end up being 4-2-1-3.)

Yeah it woudl be a 4-2-3-1 probably with those players, but seeing as no O'Hare that's that scuppered. Main point though is how do we strengthen the midfield! 

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What baffles me is that for the first few games, we looked brilliant. Shaky at the back, but almost disgustingly good going forward. Our front line was far too good for some of the best defences in the league. The way he had us playing had me genuinely excited to watch Villa.

A couple of months later, we can't string 2 passes together and Wigan are pinning us in our half for 20 minutes. How have we gone back to being absolute shit?! Grealish is a big loss, but it shouldn't be this pronounced.

Basics are missing....everyone looking to everyone one else for inspiration...no leaders.

Edited by TRO

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Hause is on the bench, cus who needs a CD over 4ft who is fast and has some strength right?, we prefer to play the game on difficulty set to 11, just for fun.

Why is he on the bench, thought he maybe starting, think he should come on, what's your thoughts on him coming on sooner than later??

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Tuanzebe missing is enormous, he used to bring it out and play it to feet, no drama even in tight situations. Without that we really struggle to play how Smith wants as the rest of them panic and haven't got the technique.

so we need to a defender to look fluid going forward?   cmon mate

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

No changes.

I’ve not seen today, but it sounds like we are back playing the turgid stuff that we have done the last few matches. 

When Smith came in, we told how good he is at getting the best from players and is very tactically astute. You’d hope smith would have changed plans at half time to counter the opposition and get more out of our players. What is it they say about doing the same things over and over and expecting different results? It seems he has started falling in to that trap. 

Lets hope we change up soon