• Bolasie
    • Abraham
    • Hause (Elphick 63)
    • Whelan (Bjarnason 63)
    • Adomah (El Ghazi 63)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/01/19 at 23:59

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

Smith is an absolute joke.

His subs were incredible! losing 1 nil he brings on Hause and Glen Whelan. Theres no shape or style of play. we rely on lung bursting runs from Bolasie or McGinn. We can't pass short range without the 3rd pass being given away cheap.

His signings are absolute garbage. the goaly and hause were nervous wrecks. just booting it out of play.

At least Bruce knew how to park the bus. I had a feeling we would regret sacking Bruce.

The job is too big for Dean Smith he's another gary rowet will do well at little teams with no expectation. just like paul cook but I doubt anyone would want him here.

Finally, someone I want to ask a serious question.  Exactly what is the reward alternate-reality-wind-up-posters are looking for?  TIA

Persisting with Taylor at left back after the appalling 1st half was madness.

Teams are built from the back , make it solid or as solid as you can and hope the midfield support both defence and attack.

Every man and his dog knows Taylor went to pot after the leg breaking challenge. He's been average at best since and more often then not, absolute dog dirt.

Breaks any and every possession we have down the left, even simple passes, he was worth 2 extra players for them today he was THAT bad. And that's 8 out of 10 games without fail.

It wasn't all about Taylor today however that played a major role as if midfield have zero faith they can't do their job as well. 

Don't want him near the team again, at least Hutton tackles wins the majority of tackles passes to his own team and brings things forwards.

• Like 1

Expectations were raised for a while but now that is gone. Smith has to be given time. Jack has become our saviour but with confidence gone I doubt whether he will make the difference when he comes back. 

• Like 2

Another disappointing afternoon for Smith and Villa. When he came in there was a certain honeymoon period which has obviously gone now and he now needs time and money ( if available ??) to bring in his own players. 

Having said that, I am not sure what John Terry is coaching as the defense seems at sea at times when I have seen it and sounds that today was no different. You don't mind conceding when their forwards outsmart the defense with skill but not when there is poor organisation and positioning so gifting goals.

Going forward will improve when Grealish returns I think, but the Keegan scattergun approach of scoring one more goal than you let in is never a recipe for success in the long term. The back needs better organisation and then you can work forward from there.

Interesting to see whether Smith is "big" enough to manage Villa and all the fan and Club expectation but only time will tell. In modern football many fans want instant success and if it is not there calls to get rid soon come in. Lets face it Alex Ferguson would have been kicked out from Man U in his first season if these thoughts and actions had existed then.

I see McGinn is again the favourite in the poll......best of a bad bunch I suppose as he always seems to try even if nothing comes from his "arsing" about lol. Surprisingly he never showed leadership qualities at Hibs and cannot remember him taking the captains armband........pity really as he would be the ideal type to do so and get vocal but I know when some players get that sort of responsibility it affects their general game and they don't want it.

Easy for me to say looking in from the outside, keep the faith and lets hope Smith can improve the sides fortune quickly........but FFS get that back four sorted somehow in this transfer window either with new players or better coaching..........

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Awful, awful result. 

Not seen the whole match, just the highlights and read the match thread, but by all accounts Wigan thoroughly deserved the victory and we were extremely poor.

I am not going to over react and make ridiculous comments that Smith hasn't got a clue, job to big for him ETC ETC, it is one game in albeit a poor little run of performances but he's still only been here a few months and he deserves a little patience from us before the knives come out.

For me, it's as much a mental problem as anything else, we have just come off a decent run playing top sides and lost 1 game to the league leaders in the last minute, we then play the so called "lesser" sides and we are out-fought and out-battled by teams that want it more than us. This is something Smith has to sort and sort ASAP, whether it be installing a different mentality with the players here or finding new players with that hunger or our promotion play off hopes will be gone by the end of January.

I think some of our players think they have already 'made it' playing for a club like ours on big wages, but this attitude needs to change quickly or we will be in this league for a good while.

And one last thing, it is quite ridiculous how much we miss Jack, one player missing should NOT affect the team this much, but it does. Other teams will and have coped with injuries much better than us.

Time we started fighting like lions, the fans deserve better.

So I followed the latter part of the game through Final Score at the SnowDome gym. They had an open weekend and me and the missus thought we’d go down and take advantage. Afterwards, we went into their spa area (stay with me folks, I am coming back round to the Villa.) In the spa, there was a 60+ man wearing a woman’s leopard print bikini bottoms. According to the other patrons, he thinks it’s a good angle for attracting women. Anyway, he looked absolutely hideous . . . and still . . . It was the second most hideous thing I’ve seen today . . . After this result 👙

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've just watched the (very) brief highlights on Sky Sports. Tammy needs to put the chance away at 0-0. It's a different game if he does. 

Also, (I know it makes no difference) but the pen is laughable. The lad Windass just stops and then flops to the floor when Whelan touches him. If that's a pen, football is officially non-contact. 

It’s over!  Today has told me we will finish just outside play offs at best. We may as well finish one above the drop zone. Wait until the shit storm next season.The loan players will all be gone, and Grealish will be sold, purely on the basis he will put in transfer request, and I don’t blame him. We need to start from scratch. The laughing stock of the midlands by a mile. 

The aftermatch interview was in the vain of a drowning man, our players are not fit and needed changing,  begs the question are their any training staff or just a bunch of freeloaders who turn up in track suits.  Ron Saunders would be building those sand hills tonight.

"your f******g s***"   sang the home fans:

"we,re f******g s***-----we,re f******g s***"  --------------------sang the travelling faithful-----and boy we sure were!!!    that was absolutely dire not one shot on target----in 55 years watching Villa it ranks amongst one of the worst performances ive had the mis-pleasure to watch!!

Tammy and McGinn apart---the rest can stay on Wigan Pier for me!!!  shocking----we should all be refunded from their mega mega astronmical remittances they are rewarded with for masquerading as professional footballlers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Like 1

Â