• Bolasie
    • Abraham
    • Hause (Elphick 63)
    • Whelan (Bjarnason 63)
    • Adomah (El Ghazi 63)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/01/19 at 23:59

The defence has not been right all season and you are not going to have a successful season without even a half decent back four. Last season when we went a goal up you felt like Villa would win. this year you basically just wait for the first goal that we will concede.

I think some got a bit carried away with a couple of decent away wins- there is no chance that this side will make the play offs. Its over.

It is worse in all departments bar Tammy like last season and even then people were not that happy.

We might as well play some of the young players and plan for the 4th season in the fizzy pop league. 2010- 6th and league cup final. 2020? 

22 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Smith is an absolute joke.

His subs were incredible! losing 1 nil he brings on Hause and Glen Whelan. Theres no shape or style of play. we rely on lung bursting runs from Bolasie or McGinn. We can't pass short range without the 3rd pass being given away cheap.

His signings are absolute garbage. the goaly and hause were nervous wrecks. just booting it out of play.

At least Bruce knew how to park the bus. I had a feeling we would regret sacking Bruce.

The job is too big for Dean Smith he's another gary rowet will do well at little teams with no expectation. just like paul cook but I doubt anyone would want him here.

You have a short memory. It was Bruce that assembled this squad and left us so weak in goal and defence!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Ouchmefoot said:

Worst performance for two years. Weekend ruined :(

I try and not let the charlatans on the pitch ruin my weekend anymore

Try and do the same!

• Like 3

Just now, Xela said:

I try and not let the charlatans on the pitch ruin my weekend anymore

Try and do the same!

Me too. I much prefer Inspiral Carpets or James 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, il_serpente said:

If we're not within striking distance of top 6 in a month Smith should start playing the youngsters to get them ready for next season.

The youngsters will not be good enough next season - there are maybe one or two who could be championship players next season.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

How the hell do you build a midfield out of Hourihane, McGinn, Whelan and Bjarnason? 

If you play with two you're overrun. If you play with three you're almost overrun.

We were completely dominated in midfield today. 

We are screaming out for a DM that can do the leg work. I like Hourihane and McGinn but neither are DM and Thor isn't the answer either. I'd love to think by the end of Jan we will have a midfield 3 of a new DM with McGinn and Grealish. I won't hold my breath.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Smith is an absolute joke.

His subs were incredible! losing 1 nil he brings on Hause and Glen Whelan. Theres no shape or style of play. we rely on lung bursting runs from Bolasie or McGinn. We can't pass short range without the 3rd pass being given away cheap.

His signings are absolute garbage. the goaly and hause were nervous wrecks. just booting it out of play.

At least Bruce knew how to park the bus. I had a feeling we would regret sacking Bruce.

The job is too big for Dean Smith he's another gary rowet will do well at little teams with no expectation. just like paul cook but I doubt anyone would want him here.

Not this already. Were you one of the ones saying Bruce had to go or you wouldn’t step foot in villa park again? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â