Player Departures - 2019

AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, sne said:

Not sad to see any of these players go, don't dislike them but onwards and upwards 

Agreed. No surprises that none of them didn't get offered another contract and the right decision in all cases. Too leggy for the PL now and at this stage in their careers not of the quality we need, even as squad players.

Best of luck to them all, I've absolutely no ill-will towards any of them. They all played with heart and commitment.

5 hours ago, sne said:

Not sad to see any of these players go, don't dislike them but onwards and upwards 

Completely agree, it's a nice change to be getting rid of players at the right time instead of hanging on to them for years with them past their best.

Jedinak, Adomah, Hutton & Elphick have all played a part in getting us back to the PL. Realistically they all needed replacing last summer but we didn't have the financial clout to do so. Wish them all the best.

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Completely agree, it's a nice change to be getting rid of players at the right time instead of hanging on to them for years with them past their best.

Jedinak, Adomah, Hutton & Elphick have all played a part in getting us back to the PL. Realistically they all needed replacing last summer but we didn't have the financial clout to do so. Wish them all the best.

Be nicer to get some fees in. 

Maybe we can get something for Bjarnason. 

I would of liked to see Adohma being kept on for another season. I know he didn't have a great season but he is a player who is capable of pulling the rabbit out of the hat and finding the back of the net when needed. I always think he is a good sub to have on the bench. 

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Be nicer to get some fees in. 

Maybe we can get something for Bjarnason. 

Such has been his demeanor over the last couple months I'd be amazed if he doesn't leave. 

Maybe bring in £1-2m?

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/06/01/eight-players-to-leave-aston-villa

Aston Villa has today released eight players.

They are Mile Jedinak, Alan Hutton, Tommy Elphick, Albert Adomah, Glenn Whelan, Ritchie De Laet, Mark Bunn and Micah Richards.

We’d like to thank all of them for their contributions and wish them the best of luck for the future.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 2

Â