Player Departures - 2019

AvfcRigo82

I would tend to agree, but let's face it we all know Tammy is good for it, it's only a matter of time before he gets a decent scoring record in the premiere.

He does need to prove himself, will he?? I think without a doubt and it's a question of when not if he does. If he proves it next season, he's done it early and bumps that 50 million fee up more..

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I would tend to agree, but let's face it we all know Tammy is good for it, it's only a matter of time before he gets a decent scoring record in the premiere.

He does need to prove himself, will he?? I think without a doubt and it's a question of when not if he does. If he proves it next season, he's done it early and bumps that 50 million fee up more..

I think if any move did materialise once back in the Premier League he would need the right players behind and around him providing the service etc.

21 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think if any move did materialise once back in the Premier League he would need the right players behind and around him providing the service etc.

Agreed. Before I start I just want to say Tammy is a cracking player and a cut above most strikers in the Championship. Having said that I think he needs to play in a team that controls the ball. That's why it didn't really work out for him at Swansea. For example, there would be no point in him going to the likes of Cardiff or Fulham in the Premier League as they are on the backfoot for the vast majority of the game.

If he is going to move on a team like Bournemouth would suit his style of play well and Eddie Howe is fantastic at developing players. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

The thing is, if he went to a mid table team (ie not one of the big boys), and scored 20 goals next season, getting into the England squad on the back of it, would he be worth more than £50m then? I'd say maybe, but probably not. 

You don't pay "finished article" prices for potential, even if you're pretty confident he'll reach that potential because there's a lot of risk and virtually no benefit. If he reaches it you can't sell for a profit because you've already paid a premium, and if he doesn't reach it you've wildly overpaid for a player that isn't good enough. 

If he's sold before proving himself in the PL he won't get anywhere near £50m, £25m maybe

13 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Agreed. Before I start I just want to say Tammy is a cracking player and a cut above most strikers in the Championship. Having said that I think he needs to play in a team that controls the ball. That's why it didn't really work out for him at Swansea. For example, there would be no point in him going to the likes of Cardiff or Fulham in the Premier League as they are on the backfoot for the vast majority of the game.

If he is going to move on a team like Bournemouth would suit his style of play well and Eddie Howe is fantastic at developing players. 

Totally agree with you. Good post.

30 minutes ago, weedman said:

The thing is, if he went to a mid table team (ie not one of the big boys), and scored 20 goals next season, getting into the England squad on the back of it, would he be worth more than £50m then? I'd say maybe, but probably not. 

You don't pay "finished article" prices for potential, even if you're pretty confident he'll reach that potential because there's a lot of risk and virtually no benefit. If he reaches it you can't sell for a profit because you've already paid a premium, and if he doesn't reach it you've wildly overpaid for a player that isn't good enough. 

If he's sold before proving himself in the PL he won't get anywhere near £50m, £25m maybe

Madrid have just paid £20m for someone with less than 10 first team appearances. Munich are paying more than that for Hudson Odi, less than 20 appearances. Prices are inflating all the time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Madrid have just paid £20m for someone with less than 10 first team appearances. Munich are paying more than that for Hudson Odi, less than 20 appearances. Prices are inflating all the time. 

I still say £25-30m is all he'll go for unless he proves himself in the PL first, prices are crazy but they aren't quite at £50m for someone who hasn't even proven he's capable of playing in the top flight

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The original post is hilarous. Are you thinking your playing 5 a side?

Why is it hilarious for you? I take it you never read the full post?

If it does come to a point where the only decent players we have left would be enough to field a 5 a side team in this league next season you won't be moaning and complaining of all the shit players we are left with, no? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Why is it hilarious for you? I take it you never read the full post?

If it does come to a point where the only decent players we have left would be enough to field a 5 a side team in this league next season you won't be moaning and complaining of all the shit players we are left with, no? 

Because it's never going to happen that we are going to be left with 7 players in the squad.

On 11/01/2019 at 15:34, AvfcRigo82 said:

Orjan Nyland - So far he has been very shakey and not filled me with confidence. One I would look to sell or loan out.

Jed Steer - Out of contract in June, not sure if he is worth another contract and I would let him go.

Mark Bunn - Out of contract in June and barely features anyway. Why he was given a one year extension I have no idea.

Micah Richards - Leaves in June. At last!

Ritchie De Laet - Out of contract and not sure he would cut it in the Premier League anymore anyway.

Neil Taylor - Not good enough at this level or Premier League and needs moved on.

Alan Hutton - Out of contract in June sadly and will be a shame to see him leave.

Tommy Elphick - Another player who has had a topsy turvy time at Villa, hopefully he can help us with promotion before his contract expires in June. Decent at this level imo.

Ahmed Elmohamady - Another player who is best as a back up player at this level and should be sold.

Aaron Tshibola - Hopefully he can be offloaded by loan or sale. Cannot see a future here for him.

Jordon Lyden - Too injury prone imo and cannot see his contract being renewed in June.

Glenn Whelan - Out of contract in June and can barely cut it in this league anyway.

Birkir Bjarnason - Decent backup option for a team at this level and should sell him while we can still command a few quid.

Mile Jedinak - Knees are shot and out of contract in June.

Henri Lansbury - This league is his level but too injury prone imo and should be sold.

Gary Gardner - Not good enough and his Villa career is over. Sell or loan.

Albert Adomah - Not the player he was when he joined. Handy backup for someone at this level.

Ross McCormack - Villa career is over. Should be sold but will prob be loaned again.

Scott Hogan - Sell to a team at this level. Not the player he once was.

Johnny Kodja - Still decent at this level and could sell to recoup a few quid. Would keep him as a backup striker but at PL level, i'm not so sure.  Sell.

They can all go for nominal fees as far as I am concerned.

• Like 1

On 11/01/2019 at 15:34, AvfcRigo82 said:

With there being many threads of our players - some with debate if they're staying or leaving, this thread has been created to discuss those players who we think could, should or will be leaving us in 2019.

Kicking off then, I have highlighted below those I feel who'll fall into the above imo.

Orjan Nyland - So far he has been very shakey and not filled me with confidence. One I would look to sell or loan out.

Jed Steer - Out of contract in June, not sure if he is worth another contract and I would let him go.

Mark Bunn - Out of contract in June and barely features anyway. Why he was given a one year extension I have no idea.

Micah Richards - Leaves in June. At last!

Ritchie De Laet - Out of contract and not sure he would cut it in the Premier League anymore anyway.

Neil Taylor - Not good enough at this level or Premier League and needs moved on.

Alan Hutton - Out of contract in June sadly and will be a shame to see him leave.

Tommy Elphick - Another player who has had a topsy turvy time at Villa, hopefully he can help us with promotion before his contract expires in June. Decent at this level imo.

Ahmed Elmohamady - Another player who is best as a back up player at this level and should be sold.

Aaron Tshibola - Hopefully he can be offloaded by loan or sale. Cannot see a future here for him.

Jordon Lyden - Too injury prone imo and cannot see his contract being renewed in June.

Glenn Whelan - Out of contract in June and can barely cut it in this league anyway.

Birkir Bjarnason - Decent backup option for a team at this level and should sell him while we can still command a few quid.

Mile Jedinak - Knees are shot and out of contract in June.

Henri Lansbury - This league is his level but too injury prone imo and should be sold.

Andre Green - Can't see what he would offer us in the PL. I would cash in now.

Gary Gardner - Not good enough and his Villa career is over. Sell or loan.

Albert Adomah - Not the player he was when he joined. Handy backup for someone at this level.

Ross McCormack - Villa career is over. Should be sold but will prob be loaned again.

Rushian Hepburn-Murphy - Once a promising youngster but won't cut it in the PL imo. 

Kiernan Davis - Another player full of promise that is not living up to his early hype. Loan out unless an offer is made. Cannot see him in the PL.

Scott Hogan - Sell to a team at this level. Not the player he once was.

Johnny Kodja - Still decent at this level and could sell to recoup a few quid. Would keep him as a backup striker but at PL level, i'm not so sure.  Sell.

Of our group of players we have in on loan:

Andrea Moriera - Not good enough.

Tammy Abraham - Would sign him for sure if the price was right. £30m tops.

Axel Tuanzebe - Another player with a big future ahead of him and would also sign him if the price was right. £25m tops.

Yannick Bolasie - Shown little glimpses of magic here and there but is worryingly inconsistent at this level and not worth £70k pw wages. Return to parent club.

Kortney Hause - *Not yet played*

Anwar El Ghazi - Not lit the place alight so far and remains to be seen what he can actually do. I wouldn't extend his loan based on what i've seen so far though.

The above analysis is mainly based on us winning the play-offs and returning to the PL.

- If we fail I imagine a few of these players may be retained or offered a contract extension.

What are your thoughts folks...

I'd happily let all of them leave with exception of Abraham

And I'd let them all leave this month if I could

• Like 2

You look at that list and realise how much shit we have. 

The ages as well -  Hutton, Taylor, Elphick, Whelan, Elmo, Adomah, Bolasie, Bjarnason, Jedinak: all the wrong end of the scale.

We lack pace, energy, and the hunger you need.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Because it's never going to happen that we are going to be left with 7 players in the squad.

I think you need to look at the bigger picture Dem -

- and read how many players are out of contract and loans are expiring in that list.

Add to that there is no more parachute payments and FFP still hangs.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/01/2019 at 17:22, andym said:

You look at that list and realise how much shit we have. 

The ages as well -  Hutton, Taylor, Elphick, Whelan, Elmo, Adomah, Bolasie, Bjarnason, Jedinak: all the wrong end of the scale.

We lack pace, energy, and the hunger you need.

I think all of them will go in the summer. 

So let's look at this logically. This is how I would assume summer will go.

Released: adomah, jedinak, Whelan  Richards and Hutton, elphick.

Returned loans: tuanzebe,  Abraham, bolaise  el ghazi, hause, moreia 

Sold potentially: Grealish

That frees up a he'll of a lot of space in this squad. It's going to be a massive massive job in the summer. I have my doubts whether Smith has the experience of building a squad with this many absentees next season. 

One thing is for sure we will be in a complete meßs in the summer without promotion. Only way out of it is by cashing in grealish I sadly think.i think it was always the plan  if we didn't go up hence the signing of the new contract so all parties are happy. 30m and I think we will sell. 

Â