Player Departures - 2019

AvfcRigo82

Think De Laet would have been decent for us had he stayed fit, we then went on to sign 20 other right backs. Hopefully we can get a fee for Bree. 

Can't complain at the rest and wish them the best as they all played a part (bar Richards) in getting us back. 

Very refreshing to see us getting this all done quickly as well. 

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Can't really argue with any of them.

Whelan is probably the only one who you MIGHT question, but I don't think he's got the legs for the Prem and would only have played a bit part at most anyway.

Best of luck to all of them. 

Agreed. We have lost some big (good) characters there so I think i would have a probably given Whelan another 12 months to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Yes!!!! £8.6m per week off the wage bill. 

You are Harry Rednapp and i claim my £5. 

7 minutes ago, sne said:

So much salary freed up.

It's not as much as you think, as a few of the remaining players have received sizable wage increases due to promotion. Mccormack is reportedly 30k a week better off and I understand Lansbury and Grealish got a decent hike in salary. Probably a few others as well. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Agreed. We have lost some big (good) characters there so I think i would have a probably given Whelan another 12 months to be honest. 

Rumours he might be off back to Stoke as player/coach 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Just now, rubberman said:

That's a hell of a lot of experience gone. Hope we bring in some new and not all younger types. 

Looks like we have a plan, which is nice for once. 

Yes.

Hutton, Jedinak, Elphick and Whelan is a hell of a lot of experience gone.

I can't wait till we see the quality signings start to arrive?

Can't argue with any of those released, Jedinak and Whelan's experience and leadership will be a big loss behind the scenes, I thought maybe one of them might of been offered a  coaching position, but obviously depends on their circumstances. Good luck to all of them.

Winning the play off final has allowed us to make a clean break with the past.

Eight players have gone at the end of their contracts. As much as we liked the characters of many of these now ex players, it would have been wrong to have kept any of them in the totally new set up that will now be put in place. Let the new younger Villa take centre stage!

With 8 gone I'm probably being greedy in hoping Bjarnasson, Lansbury, Tishbola, Hogan and RMC will soon follow. :wave:

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Interesting.  I'm just trying to get my head around the amount of players and money we are going to need.  Good luck to them all.

Which i guess is why a couple of cheap options like Jota represent good business, we won't be bringing in 10 x £10m players. 

Â