Surface Go

KenjiOgiwara

It's a touch device running Windows. If you've got the spare cash to buy a non-functional doorstop, go for it :) 

If it's your own money, buy a Chromebook. Like the Auus C434 when it comes out.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

So I've been looking like mad for the C434 or the Pixelbook. Neither is available in Norway.  😞

I'm waiting for the C434 too. It was due in March, but still not out.

The Pixelbook is available in the EU. Perhaps there are some benefits to being in the EU after all 😀 You could get one delivered while you're in the UK....

6 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Wouldn't it be difficult with warranty and stuff? 

No idea TBH. Does Norway's deal with the EU include warranty cover?

It's hard to comment on "stuff" 😆

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Dunno. All I know is that I got a 5 year warranty on most electronic stuff I but and from most retailers a 50 day return and money back policy. 

Ha ha ha, that might be why Google don't sell in Norway 😆

Got bored of waiting. Bought a Surface Go for the weekend. While the size and design is elegant, what absolute crap this service is. I've updated everything, done register tweaks, and Microsoft tweaks. Uninstalled everything unimportant. And still it's choppy and shite. The only positive thing I can say is that the pen interaction and OneNote is really useful.

How they can deliver this in 2019 is beyond me. Returning it tomorrow. 

Incredibly disappointed. £700 device and not even browsing web pages smoothly on it's own dedicated browser. 

47 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Got bored of waiting. Bought a Surface Go for the weekend. While the size and design is elegant, what absolute crap this service is. I've updated everything, done register tweaks, and Microsoft tweaks. Uninstalled everything unimportant. And still it's choppy and shite. The only positive thing I can say is that the pen interaction and OneNote is really useful.

How they can deliver this in 2019 is beyond me. Returning it tomorrow. 

Incredibly disappointed. £700 device and not even browsing web pages smoothly on it's own dedicated browser. 

You can't take it back - I told you it would only be good as a doorstop. You can't say you didn't know 😁

23 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

C434 now available for preorder on Asus's webside, but ofc. not to Norway. Swear it feels like Norway is located in another galaxy at times 

So you're saying that Norwa isn't the answer to Brexit? 😁

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I actually wouldn't mind the C302A. I know C434 is the new version, but from what I can see it's bigger and heavier, and I value portability a lot. 

It's what I'm typing this on. Perfectly good device.

Â