Kortney Hause

Sam3773

Hause is a bit like a really good backup keeper. You know he won't play at all most of the season, but all it takes is one injury and he could be starting and finishing 20 games in a row. I guess that's the gamble he's taking. Of all our "squad players" he's probably the most consistently reliable.

Hope we manage to hang on to him - he seems to enjoy it here, despite the lack of game time. Shame we've gone out of the League Cup so early this season, as he had a good run of games the season we made the final.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZL- said:

Utter beast, with the 3-5-2 we can invite a lot of pressure down the flanks for crosses so think there is room for him. As others have said he can count himself unlucky to not have more gametime given how flawless he has been when called upon.

I reckon the criticism has always been his ability on the ball but perhaps as the middle of the 3 centrebacks he can leave konsa/mings to do the heavy lifting on the expansive passing side, as they both have experience at rb/lb 

I think Mings moves central, the middle cb sees alot of the ball

On 25/05/2021 at 20:40, VillaChris said:

Konsa actually gets on end of plenty of set pieces, scored a couple this season and should've scored last minute v Wolves and think v Sheffield United when it was blocked on the line.

Mings is the one I can't understand why he looks so unthreatening from set pieces in premier league.

beats me too.....Think he should be making a mark like Maguire, Laursen or Allan Evans.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Hause is a bit like a really good backup keeper. You know he won't play at all most of the season, but all it takes is one injury and he could be starting and finishing 20 games in a row. I guess that's the gamble he's taking. Of all our "squad players" he's probably the most consistently reliable.

Hope we manage to hang on to him - he seems to enjoy it here, despite the lack of game time. Shame we've gone out of the League Cup so early this season, as he had a good run of games the season we made the final.

I too hope we keep him....would be sad to see him go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

He had an immense game and I really like him. I'd be tempted to put him ahead of Tuanzebe if we keep the back 3, tbh.

We have 4 good CB's its hard for Dean, but he shouldn't be afraid to rest one from time to time.....if they have niggles, give them a rest.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Not as much as the outside CBs, as they're expected to progress with it.

Yes agreed the outside CB’s  are expected to progress with the ball, but notice how  when Axel plays dow the middle and how he receives the ball under pressure and always provides that outlet to play from the back takes a fair bit of skill and composure to do that

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Time for a new contract I think.

Weird place for him. Real crossroads.

He needs to play like Guilbert at his age. Is he ever going to play here without any Europe football at the minute.

More than happy for him to stay here for the next 5 years as we won't get much better as a 4th choice but he probably should play next year wherever it is.

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Yep, a good guy to keep but he may be looking for some more 1st team football. He was a bit of a bargain purchase, I think we was only a small bit over 2m

yeah....I think he could get in many  teams in the Prem.....It was a snip, but he has come on, since he has been with us.

I hope we keep him, but first team football could be calling him away.

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Weird place for him. Real crossroads.

He needs to play like Guilbert at his age. Is he ever going to play here without any Europe football at the minute.

More than happy for him to stay here for the next 5 years as we won't get much better as a 4th choice but he probably should play next year wherever it is.

I don't care what is best for him, I only care what is best for us and that is to tie him down because as you say we are unlikely to get a better 4th choice.

18 hours ago, paul514 said:

I don't care what is best for him, I only care what is best for us and that is to tie him down because as you say we are unlikely to get a better 4th choice.

Well if he says he wants to start week in and week out, then yes we might have to tie him down, but I think that is illegal use of force

On 23/09/2021 at 13:41, paul514 said:

Time for a new contract I think.

Could probably be a starting CB for most PL teams so he might not want one with us if we can't guarantee him that, but I'd love him to stay - especially as a backup CB he has been a superb signing.

• Like 1

Â