Kortney Hause

Sam3773

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

As I've said before, he's a good player with lots of potential, centre half is his position but he can do a decent job at left back, as far as I'm aware we have an option to sign him and it's not a huge amount of money, a no brainer for me, must sign him.

Any idea what that clause is? I would definitely try to keep him, a big unit and has improved a lot since Jan. Plenty more in him and Terry will bring it out of him.

Played awesome for the short time he was on the pitch. I'm sure he wasn't expecting to get in the pitch but boy did he deliver. He really stepped up and showed a lot of hunger. What a great substitution

Those few headers were absolutely monumental and galvanised the troops. He absolutely towered over players who weren't that much different in height to him. The hunger and desire is there and half the battle in competing against players technically better which is why the likes of Burnley generally survive solidly. He's young and with a bit of ability on the ball too. Glad he's proven his fitness and we can pick him up for about £3/4m now. These days, that's a steal for a player who can cover CB and LB and with scope to improve further with Smith and co. 

19 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

As I've said before, he's a good player with lots of potential, centre half is his position but he can do a decent job at left back, as far as I'm aware we have an option to sign him and it's not a huge amount of money, a no brainer for me, must sign him.

I can't remember where so i might be talking rubbish, but I'm sure read £2m. 

At PL level £2m is nothing more than a punt, and i think he has shown more than enough to suggest it's a punt worth taking. 

No brainer for me. 

Big props yes.

I honestly wouldn't have felt that bad at conceding, but Mings going off had me terrified. Hause was perfect when he came on.

At the time I was annoyed he wasn't ready right away. Mings was down for 3 or 4 mins and we still had to play two phases of play with 10 men. Either he or the coaching staff cocked up there, should have been ready to come on.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think play him at left back and get rid of taylor

I agree we need to replace Taylor, but I don’t think Hause is the answer. He may be better at defending but imho he wouldn’t give us enough going forward. 

2 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

I agree we need to replace Taylor, but I don’t think Hause is the answer. He may be better at defending but imho he wouldn’t give us enough going forward. 

Yeah that's true. I think maybe have hause as cover. I'm not 100% convinced on him. Does look clumsy at times. 

• Like 1

I hope we sign him permanently, to my knowledge he’s never played in The Premiet League but I think he could based on what I’ve seen of him so far. He’s strong in the air, quick, can tackle, he’s versatile, can play left back and centre back, it’s a no brainier for me 

Was a vital part of the game for him to be thrown in at, he coped pretty well with it I thought, one shaky moment when he tried to step up and got caught in no mans land but he bust a gut to get back and put their player under pressure. Couple of big clearances as well.

I don't know if he's good enough for the Premier League just yet, seems a distance behind Tuanzebe and Mings, but he's shown a willingness to improve and a hunger to play, I think if the fee is as low as some are saying we should take chance on him and see how much more he can improve.

• Like 1

Â