Kortney Hause

Sam3773

15 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Thought it was pretty clear from his first performance he’s not fit. Needs time at Bodymoor.

He must be physically fit otherwise he wouldn’t have been bought on. I think he is just massively lacking game sharpness and confidence.  Hopefully the behind closed doors game this week will help. 

Why have we signed this guy? If he cannot get into our defence at the moment then he must be awful! Our biggest failure in the last 10 years has been our inability to buy good players! Hope this is not a sign of a continuation of that trend!

8 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Why have we signed this guy? If he cannot get into our defence at the moment then he must be awful! Our biggest failure in the last 10 years has been our inability to buy good players! Hope this is not a sign of a continuation of that trend!

Backup CB. Elphick and Chester better options. 

• Like 1

Even if the original plan was to throw him straight in, I think his rabbit in the headlights debut caused a change of plans.

Get him used to the system and his new teammates so he can get rid of the panic and relax a bit more when he plays.

But if his debut was a sign of his level(I'm certain it's not) then he is an improvement on nobody.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

This guy is either nowhere near match fit or else a terrible footballer to allow neil Taylor to get picked ahead of him

He's a CB not a left back, he's probably a left back in the same way Hutton is a CB.

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yep agreed. He’s a left sided Cb, he is cover for mings. 

...who is covering Tuanzebe. 

It looks likely that 'performance' against Hull may be his only outing.

21 minutes ago, Nigel said:

...who is covering Tuanzebe. 

It looks likely that 'performance' against Hull may be his only outing.

Tuanzebe is a right sided CB tbh.

I would say now, our left sided CBs are Mings and Hause.

Our right sided CBs are Tuanzebe, Chester and Elphick.

Obviously thats assuming that if Mings was injured then Hause would come in, but that doesnt actually seem to happen (when Mings wasnt here), so eh, who knows.

I can only assume they arent impressed with Hause, for whatever reason (fitness, sharpness, ability?), as he didnt even get a game with Chester carrying an injury, unyet literally as soon as Mings came in he slotted in to give Chester a rest.

If they rated Hause, or he was fit, or both?, he would have slotted straight in like Mings had.

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Obviously thats assuming that if Mings was injured then Hause would come in, but that doesnt actually seem to happen (when Mings wasnt here), so eh, who knows.

Too many centre backs for me.

Bring back Bruce.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Our first choice partnership will probably revert back to Chester and Tuanzebe once they are both fit, as it worked well.

24 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Our first choice partnership will probably revert back to Chester and Tuanzebe once they are both fit, as it worked well.

I like having the balance of a left footed centre back with a right footed centre back, that’s just me. For me, the first choice pairing would be Chester and Mings, based on what I saw last night. Mings looked outstanding, a real find. Although, we conceded 3 goals, he was my MOTM

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

I can only assume they arent impressed with Hause, for whatever reason (fitness, sharpness, ability?), as he didnt even get a game with Chester carrying an injury, unyet literally as soon as Mings came in he slotted in to give Chester a rest.

If they rated Hause, or he was fit, or both?, he would have slotted straight in like Mings had.

I can't think that they didn't rate him when they signed him or why would they bring him in? I would guess it is match fitness that he lacks, unless he was signed as an insurance policy in case we had not managed to bring Mings in? 

I also wonder whether (when everyone is fit) we have all these central defenders to have the option of playing three at the back at least occasionally, rather than to only provide cover? 

Â