Kortney Hause

Sam3773

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I only saw highlights of the match on Quest last night but I wouldn’t write him off after one match, I think that would be foolish. He’s barely played for Wolves lately either, all I have to go on is YouTube clips, he looks dominant in the air on there, not only that but he looks good on the deck too. You can’t judge a player based on one game

I have a feeling he will turn out a very astute signing and will be a fine player, for some reason his frame and gait reminded me of Ehiogu. He will grow into match sharpness and I also see similarities with Axel's early games. It was a very difficult game to come into, considering a severe lack of match fitness, yet I understand Smith's reasons, even if they were wrong in hindsight. Wigan were incessant with their press, had high in-game confidence and we were struggling badly all over the pitch. 

• Like 2

It didn't help that some of his own teammates were getting on him for those early mistakes.  Awful debut, but I'm not writing him off any time soon.  As some have stated, Tuanzebe looked like shit for many games under Bruce, before he started to look like he actually played football before.  

• Like 1

I voted for him as MOTM because he provided more entertainment value than the rest of the squad.

Not writing him off.  He lost the ball his first time in possession and then had a bogus foul called against him when he was the one who was fouled.  His confidence was shot at that point.  Plus, who wouldn't be nervous with Taylor as the fullback on their side.

You can't judge him on that 30 minutes yesterday. The lad has hardly played any senior football the last couple of years and came on yesterday into a side that was all over the place.

What I would do now though is give him a run. We need to know if he is worth signing come the end of the season and hopefully younger, hungrier players like him will be what this club is all about come next season.

Edited by markavfc40

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

I think he'll end up being a fine player for us but blimey was he bad when he come on yesterday. 

One of the worst debuts I’ve seen since egiogu in the 90s - hopefully he will turn out as good as ugo did after he settled . 

• Like 1

Im happy to write this guy off after one match.

Somehow I think he's got his contract due to "genetic gifts" ie just being a big and muscular.

he's a younger chris samba.............just a unit who they think they can coach into being in the right position at the right time....let me tell you something...it's not going to happen any time soon.

I think he should stick to his day job. soundcloud rapping....actually if I was him I'd find a new career ...I think his boys should tell him the bad news

this press and guess approach to transfers is open wallet surgery.

• Confused 2

He was let down by his first touch a few times. First start in a long time, new club, new teammates. Most people would be nervous. Add being thrown into the deep end, team playing shit, fans annoyed and your first move is a mistake. And it's your responsibility to bring the ball out of defence. 

Not exactly the best foundation for a great debut.  

What I did like is that he didn't hide away and kept trying. Some of the mistakes he got himself into seemed to be from rustyness; bad first touch, off tempo. 

Early days but I'd be surprised if he didn't improve.

Edited by Skruff
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 13/01/2019 at 06:08, KMitch said:

It didn't help that some of his own teammates were getting on him for those early mistakes.  Awful debut, but I'm not writing him off any time soon.  As some have stated, Tuanzebe looked like shit for many games under Bruce, before he started to look like he actually played football before.  

Axel was however not playing in his natural position as a centre back.

Hopefully Hause will settle in and start to perform.

• Like 1

Wolud be using a 3 at the back until we get proper full backs

Hutton and Elmo whose been crap as full backs and scrap defensive midfielder until we have the players we need.

Hause played in a back 3 so will be comfortable with it and maybe we will become harder to score against in the short term.

Something needs to change very very quickly because we are worse in the last 5 games than we've been since being relegated.

Edited by brummybloke
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Wolud be using a 3 at the back until we get proper full backs

Hutton and Elmo whose been crap as full backs and scrap defensive midfielder until we have the players we need.

Hause played in a back 3 so will be comfortable with it and maybe we will become harder to score against in the short term.

Something needs to change very very quickly because we are worse in the last 5 games than we've been since being relegated.

Hause left CB, Chester in the middle and Axel on the right of a 3 could be good.

I think he cant possible be as bad as his debut performance suggests.

If he was he wouldn't have got past stage one on the road to becoming a professional footballer, let alone have made it and have two transfers.

The only way is up for him now.

• Like 1

On 13/01/2019 at 12:12, markavfc40 said:

You can't judge him on that 30 minutes yesterday. The lad has hardly played any senior football the last couple of years and came on yesterday into a side that was all over the place.

What I would do now though is give him a run. We need to know if he is worth signing come the end of the season and hopefully younger, hungrier players like him will be what this club is all about come next season.

Yep I have to say very bad management with Hause. Clearly not played enough and you throw him when we in the back foot. That won’t have helped his confidence at all. Should have put him a u23 game before throwing straight in

On 13/01/2019 at 12:12, markavfc40 said:

I’m sure the highlighted bit is true.

In which case I’m puzzled why he was brought on. Particularly as it didn't seem to make much sense in terms of the state of the game.

Maybe get him a bit fitter at Bodymoor before trying him out again?

Â