Kortney Hause

Sam3773

3 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

And chuck them in with 20 minutes to go in a game we are trying to get back into... 

Guess DS just thought it was a chance to give him some minutes.

Not going to be knee jerk and write him off first game but he's not some defensive colossus otherwise Wolves would be keeping him wouldn't they?

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Brainless decision to play him. He's clearly off the pace but when you're chasing a game away to Wigan why in the **** do you bring a centre half on?

I think the idea was to have a centre back who could break through the 1st press and get Wigan turned. Didn’t work and he was closed down efficiently, but let’s not forget he hasn’t played much 1st team football for a while.

• Like 1

Having heard DS reasoning why he put him on I understand the decision a bit more. He said Wigan made us have Chester playing out the ball with his left foot and wanted more balance with Hause so he could play it out with his natural left foot. It's actually a very shrewed observation and probably what hampered our possibilities to have possession. Now it didn't work and Hause was rusty as DS said, imo not only rusty but a constant liability. But nevertheless good to hear the rational reasoning behind it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Having heard DS reasoning why he put him on I understand the decision a bit more. He said Wigan made us have Chester playing out the ball with his left foot and wanted more balance with Hause so he could play it out with his natural left foot. It's actually a very shrewed observation and probably what hampered our possibilities to have possession. Now it didn't work and Hause was rusty as DS said, imo not only rusty but a constant liability. But nevertheless good to hear the rational reasoning behind it.

I don’t think he is good on the ball though, to be fair we were warned he is good physically but lacks the technical part of the game. Now obviously today we can put it down to lack of match fitness but I don’t understand how in the long term he is suddenly going to bring the ball out comfortably when it isn’t what he is good at. This is why I’m not sure this signing makes sense when he doesn’t fit in with the style of play. I’m not writing him off I’m just looking at what he brings and how it’s a mismatch.

8 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I don’t think he is good on the ball though, to be fair we were warned he is good physically but lacks the technical part of the game. Now obviously today we can put it down to lack of match fitness but I don’t understand how in the long term he is suddenly going to bring the ball out comfortably when it isn’t what he is good at. This is why I’m not sure this signing makes sense when he doesn’t fit in with the style of play. I’m not writing him off I’m just looking at what he brings and how it’s a mismatch.

fully agree, like I said above the most worrying for me was that he looked dodgy on the ball. If we want to be a passing team playing it out of the back we need good passers at CB. Really hope it's just rustiness.

The way Smith has talked about him or a lot potential that we can train up, would seem to indicate that this will be a permanent transfer. If so then we have to blood him now, get the mistakes out the way this season so that he is fully fit and ready for next season. Let’s not forget how bad Axel was before getting a continued run in the side.

However, if we aren’t going to sign him then I’d rather we bloodied Revan to see if he is ready for next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

let step back s second.

He would certainly be nervous for his first game.

He hasnt played a first team game for quite a while.

He is likely very rusty.

He was given his debut while we were in total meltdown, which is basically the worst case scenario.

Im not saying he will be good for us, but ia lso think there are so many mitigating factors for this debut, we gotta give the guy some slack.

Im still hopeful he will come good, but also he needs some time to shake the rust off and get in the groove, preferably while the team isnt in the middle of a total incompetent meltdown.

It's more a criticism of DS than Hause.

Either he wasn't ready and got thrown on, or he's awful.

I'd hedge my bets it's the former.

Don't get me wrong he was horribly bad when he came on but...

He should never have been thrown in at the deep on end on his debut whilst 1-0 down and under pressure. He's not played much football lately, and to come on from the bench and be expected to get up to the games pace straight away whilst being subjected to an onslaught was ridiculous. He tried to go forward and play out from the back but whereas Tuanzebe normally does it and releases to Jack, we had nobody available today.

He will be fine at Villa, but it was crazy for Smith to chuck him on like that. Even crazier when we were 1-0 down with two strikers on the bench!

I only saw highlights of the match on Quest last night but I wouldn’t write him off after one match, I think that would be foolish. He’s barely played for Wolves lately either, all I have to go on is YouTube clips, he looks dominant in the air on there, not only that but he looks good on the deck too. You can’t judge a player based on one game

• Like 1

Â