Kortney Hause

Sam3773

I'll admit he's been a liability in my eyes and I though he wasn't good enough but he's starting to prove me and probably many others wrong.

Past three matches he's been excellent, especially today. It's his place to lose. That's the way to do it.

I think hes a player that just needed some prem experience going in to him and overtime hed come good.

Like I said in the match day talk yesterday, he reminds me of Ugo Ehiogu in ways that he plays and pops up for the header to secure a goal. I'd give him Ugo's number I would, it would be very lovely indeed and hes certainly a big fella like him. I Miss Ehiogu I do I loved him as a player, as a defender, so when Hause reminds me abit of him it brings a smile to my face and takes me back.

I tell you what for the price we paid for him, the past couple of games hes looking at least 20 times that price.

• Like 2

Don't think anyone ever really doubted his defending ability.its just his passing that has been terrifying in the past. Dougie has been great at coming back and taking the ball off the centre backs recently so as long as Kourtney just keeps it simple and gives it to him we should be fine

• Like 1

I'm happy for him to have these performances. He was technically good at the Championship as a LB. He was bad when played in the PL. Clearly he was the best on air but bad playing with his feet. I think our current system and confidence is helping him. I don't think he's been tested a lot to be honest, Chelsea will be a huge one. But he's done really good and should've scored against Burnley too. I used to like him and have been happy to get him after his performances in the Championship.

He scored last time against Chelsea, hopefully he do it against them then time too. Huge game.

Not sure if he's been working on it or whether it was a pressure/confidence issue but some of those poor passes from last season have disappeared. Credit to him, he's been great since coming into the side.

He's come a long way from that debut against Wigan. If you had told me back then we'd be comfortable having him as third choice centre back in the prem in a season in which (I think it's fair to say it now) we are pushing for top 6 I would have laughed at you.

What a bargain for 3 million, and I don't think his wages are very high either. 

23 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He has been brilliant recently, but surely you can't be serious?

Has always been immense in the air but has also been Bambi on ice multiple times in the past.

Finally seems to have turned a corner though.

I agree with the OP. He has dropped the odd bollock, but when he is called upon primarily to defend he has been more than solid for us. He looks to have stepped it up a notch of late, but I'm not blown away. The talent has always been there, in my opinion. It helps that we seem to be asking a little bit less of our centre halves generally in the transition, presenting them with more options. Having a GK behind them who can play a bit and a 6 ahead of them, who has found his feet in the PL and is always showing for the ball undoubtedly makes a difference. 

Of course other opinions are available, but I have never understood the hate either. Another Suso special. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

There was a stat last season at one point where he was #1 for % headed clearances minimum 50 made

It was aerial duels and he had won 80.1% of them last season which was 1st in the league. And he was 3rd in the league in aerial duels won per 90 with only Carroll and Deeney ahead of him I believe. 

• Thanks 1

Hause is good in the air, we knew that already.

What I think has surprised a lot of us is that he has been competent with his feet, lets not get carried away we have no reason to believe he is the second coming lets just see how he gets on this season.

We still need another centre back, but if he continues to perform at this level we won't need two.

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Will never forget when Tyrone got injured in the playoff final in the last few minutes and Kortney came on to secure the win. Was immense in there, won everything. Had a couple of scares but it was never in doubt. 

Yes, i was so worried when that happened.. but between him a jed Steer.. it was never in doubt, won and claimed the lot. 
The game at the sty (same season) against SHA springs to mind when he partnered Mings .. the pair of them were collosal that day, in a hostile atmosphere too. 

He's included in the BBC team of the week.  To be clear, one of our reserves have made it into the team the week.  How far we have come.  Very well done Kortney. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

On 27/12/2020 at 04:23, Hornso said:

Not sure if he's been working on it or whether it was a pressure/confidence issue but some of those poor passes from last season have disappeared. Credit to him, he's been great since coming into the side.

I think his awful passes have disappeared because he’s stopped trying them - except for a very odd moment against palace where he took a free kick from  left back position and attempted a 40yd cross field floated pass to the other wing.  Somehow ?cash? Managed to just about keep it in play.  Stay away from those Kortney!

it is a crucial part of any job - to understand your limitations and to work within them. As a result he’s become twice the player.

When tyrone learns that cruyff turns and feints are not a necessary part of a defenders repertoire- he too will improve vastly.

A good defender should hardly be noticed.  It means they’re doing their job right.

Â