Kortney Hause

Sam3773

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Our first choice partnership will probably revert back to Chester and Tuanzebe once they are both fit, as it worked well.

And Mings to LB you think?

Mings gotta be in the team he's been impressive.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, John said:

I can't think that they didn't rate him when they signed him or why would they bring him in? I would guess it is match fitness that he lacks, unless he was signed as an insurance policy in case we had not managed to bring Mings in? 

I also wonder whether (when everyone is fit) we have all these central defenders to have the option of playing three at the back at least occasionally, rather than to only provide cover? 

I think 3 at the back could work well with the central defenders we now have. However the problem is who would play as the wing backs? I guess Hutton on the right, but he hasn’t got the energy or the discipline to get up and down. On the left I can’t think of anyone. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think 3 at the back could work well with the central defenders we now have. However the problem is who would play as the wing backs? I guess Hutton on the right, but he hasn’t got the energy or the discipline to get up and down. On the left I can’t think of anyone. 

Yes, you have spotted the crucial flaw in that cunning plan. 🍻

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You see Dave I think he could play a role there if there is someone in front of him say, so he don't have to go as far forward and sustain his energy levels. Granted he can't do it for 90 minutes now, as he once could.

I still think he has something to offer us, even if we retained him for one more year after this season as a back up option as cover to the young French lad. It's a shame he's getting on.

As for the left, that is an interesting one. I hope it's a big improvment to play ahead of Taylor - unless he's sold in the summer.        Hopefully!

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I like having the balance of a left footed centre back with a right footed centre back, that’s just me. For me, the first choice pairing would be Chester and Mings, based on what I saw last night. Mings looked outstanding, a real find. Although, we conceded 3 goals, he was my MOTM

I think hes more likely going to take the left back spot once Tuanzebe comes back.

I like the idea of him there tbh.  He has a good pass on him and a bit of pace, it could work well.

45 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You see Dave I think he could play a role there if there is someone in front of him say, so he don't have to go as far forward and sustain his energy levels. Granted he can't do it for 90 minutes now, as he once could.

I still think he has something to offer us, even if we retained him for one more year after this season as a back up option as cover to the young French lad. It's a shame he's getting on.

As for the left, that is an interesting one. I hope it's a big improvment to play ahead of Taylor - unless he's sold in the summer.        Hopefully!

I’m not sure how long Taylor has got left on his contract Andy. Not long hopefully. 

The more I think of it the more I believe this is one of our long term signings. That he has been told he has no future at Wolves and he will be signed by us permanently in the summer.

This 6 months is just getting him up to speed, it makes no sense for him to come here for 6 months to sit on the bench and go back to Wolves. We are investing time and money now so he is ready in the summer.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The more I think of it the more I believe this is one of our long term signings. That he has been told he has no future at Wolves and he will be signed by us permanently in the summer.

This 6 months is just getting him up to speed, it makes no sense for him to come here for 6 months to sit on the bench and go back to Wolves. We are investing time and money now so he is ready in the summer.

I think you are correct, I think we are thinking long term which is a good thing. We’re trying to play the right way, i.e from the back, possession based football 

15 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

2 years left after this season!  :(

One can only hope that as he has played semi regularly for us this year, there will be plenty of other championship clubs willing to assume he's still not pigswill who can bring to their team that over-rated quality of "experience".

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

If he's not in the reckoning to start this season, I can't see us taking up the option tbh

22 hours ago, Nigel said:

I think hes more likely going to take the left back spot once Tuanzebe comes back.

I like the idea of him there tbh.  He has a good pass on him and a bit of pace, it could work well.

So you think the back 4 will be Hutton-Chester-Tuanzebe-Mings? Mings looked so good on Friday night at centre back although we conceded 3, I wouldn’t move him from centre back

22 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I think this could be the case too, we seem to be building for the future, it’s a good strategy in my opinion. It’s something we haven’t done for a while

17 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

So you think the back 4 will be Hutton-Chester-Tuanzebe-Mings? Mings looked so good on Friday night at centre back although we conceded 3, I wouldn’t move him from centre back

I think that was the plan.

I agree he has looked excellent in the centre but we have real problems at full back.  I think we would be crazy not to give it a go....considering it's his main position too.

• Like 1

On 09/02/2019 at 14:25, DaveAV1 said:

Could green adapt to the wing back role in the way Ashley Young did at United ?

the worry for me is not his ability but his fitness , if so .

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

Could green adapt to the wing back role in the way Ashley Young did at United ?

the worry for me is not his ability but his fitness , if so .

I guess we just need to see more of Green to assess his strengths and weaknesses and as you say test his fitness with regards to injuries. 

On 09/02/2019 at 15:38, rodders0223 said:

Really? Surely he would have played more of a part by now. He'll be back to Wolves in the summer.

Mings look good - bear in mind Bournemouth paid £8m for him - and the only option we have is to match any other clubs bid - I think we will do really well to keep mings.

Wolves fan I know quite rates Hause. be interesting to see what happens when he gets a few games and if we keep Hause/Mings over the summer.

Â