Pre-match thread

wedge

I hope the boys can find the right intensity, on and off the ball, today. Without Jack’s ability to dictate tempo and work the ball around the box, we need to create chances and to pin them back by winning the ball high up in favourable positions. We need to catch them off balance as often as possible. They’ll probably look to counter that by trying to play behind our back four as early as possible, so I’m hoping we can have an afternoon relatively free from individual errors and lapses of concentration at the back. Having Elmo and Hutton out of the side should help with that.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

pretty disappointing that Huase didnt get a start tbh.

No team should start with TWO central defenders under 6ft imo, madness. (if it can be avoided)

Elphick is clearly 6ft. Anyway, it’s not your height, it’s how you use it.

edit; not saying that Chester and Elphick do, just that too much a big deal is made of comparatively short defenders.

Edited by a m ole
  • Confused 1

how fit is Hause? I thought he had been injured before he signed. Also he hasn’t played that often in recent months so may be rusty add to that playing with new teammates after 2 or three sessions and throwing him straight be too risky

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Elphick is clearly 6ft. Anyway, it’s not your height, it’s how you use it.

edit; not saying that Chester and Elphick do, just that too much a big deal is made of comparatively short defenders.

In principle I agree with you.

But, my eyes tell me all season we have been out muscled and freak out to long or high balls, our back line is too short and light weight.

• Like 1