Match Thread: Villa v Swansea FAC

limpid

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Agreed here. If this was Bruce he'd be getting hammered. It's the numbers we are shipping that's concerning. It's 3s and 4s lots of games. The forest game felt so weird that night. And it's still happening, not to the same extent but not much better.

It was Bruce that knackered the defence in the summer....

25 minutes ago, Skruff said:

We don't have the players to play Hogan thru. Total waste of space in the team that's lined up.  

Here we go again, it’s not the fact that Hogan is an absolutely shockingly limited footballer. It’s that we don’t play to his strengths and no one plays through balls to him. 

Poor old super Scott. The sooner he gets a move to Real Madrid and gets the service he deserves, the better.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bruce was here for 2 years and had 3 or 4 transfer windows.

Smith has been here for 15 games with none.

Use some f*ckint common sense as your guide to why it might be so!

It is soon you are right but what the hell do they do in training? Seriously conceding this volume of goals in unexcusable each week

• Thanks 2

Just now, romavillan said:

All our problems today stem from not being able to keep the ball and poor movement. the two things Smith instills into a side and what he got working very quickly. So this is hard to lay at his door for me, there's been a shitload of woeful passes and poor first touches and static players. The antithesis of a Smith side. We've lost his in the middle of the park to a great extent but the defence should not have let in 3, the third was pathetic, you don't stand and watch that happen when you're less than 10 yards away. That's schoolboy stuff. 

yeah, the fact is probably 80% of our entire squad just isnt good enough, and by good enough i mean entirely unable to play a passing/possession game.

and ye, on top of that we need a new defence, but we knew that already.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Here we go again, it’s not the fact that Hogan is an absolutely shockingly limited footballer. It’s that we don’t play to his strengths and no one plays through balls to him. 

Poor old super Scott. The sooner he gets a move to Real Madrid and gets the service he deserves, the better.

I’m sure bacuna can put in a word in for scotty

• Like 1

I absolutely believe he's the right man but time for the owners and the chief exec to start rolling up their sleeves. The back 4 is woeful. And Smith needs to be ruthless in his demands of the board. He has surely seen enough now to know he needs better quality and where. This isn't Brentford . You don't get that time here that they allow managers. His comments that our players our coachable worries me. Their is a core that are dogshit. We need to be going into the market for talent not " i think we can work with him" players.

8 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Getting on Smith's back now would be the most monumentally stupid thing to do, it would be like cutting your face off to spite your face, not just your nose.

Why? The performances have been poor so the manager will be questioned. And rightly so. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

It is soon you are right but what the hell do they do in training? Seriously conceding this volume of goals in unexcusable each week

Clearly turd polishing is not part of the training process. 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If it is the same after we have gotten first choice  defenders in and a settled back line in I'll hold my hands up.

The manager needs help fr the board as another posted mentioned above!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Agreed here. If this was Bruce he'd be getting hammered. It's the numbers we are shipping that's concerning. It's 3s and 4s lots of games. The forest game felt so weird that night. And it's still happening, not to the same extent but not much better.

but that night there were tell tale signs....the most significant being 0-2 down after 6 minutes.....They simply ran through the middle of us , I thought they had booked a guided tour of Villa Park, they were so ******* aided....It was, and still is, totally unacceptable.....The Blues nearly did it, in their first 35 minutes against us.

Its not a one off....and it will keep happening until we wake up.

Just now, jim said:

Why? The performances have been poor so the manager will be questioned. And rightly so. 

Criticism is fine, I've done it even when we've won games under Smith, nothing wrong with that but that's not always where it stops.