Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Swansea FAC

limpid

Match Polls  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/19 at 23:59

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Could have had Gillingham at home in the next round. Nice one you useless pricks.

They are useless pricks, but it doesn't work like that.

Edit: actually... does it?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They are useless pricks, but it doesn't work like that.

Edit: actually... does it?

Lol this always goes through my mind, and I always have the same thought process about how that works.

I suppose when Villa used to be ball number 2 (Arsenal number 1) and got knocked out, if someone else then moved up the alphabet and became the new number 2 ball (say Chelsea), there could be an argument to say whomever Chelsea were drawn against is who Villa would have got.

Not watched the draw in a while, so not sure how the number system works.

7 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Lol this always goes through my mind, and I always have the same thought process about how that works.

I suppose when Villa used to be ball number 2 (Arsenal number 1) and got knocked out, if someone else then moved up the alphabet and became the new number 2 ball (say Chelsea), there could be an argument to say whomever Chelsea were drawn against is who Villa would have got.

I thought it was alphabetical. So if we were in the hat instead of Swansea we wouldn't have the same number, hence wouldn't have been drawn the same.

but actually I'm not sure. i think you might be numbered depending on where you were drawn in the previous round. In which case we would have had the same number as Swansea.

Butterfly effect means that the draw wouldn't have been the same anyway. But now I'm curious about the numbering.

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I thought it was alphabetical. So if we were in the hat instead of Swansea we wouldn't have the same number, hence wouldn't have been drawn the same.

but actually I'm not sure. i think you might be numbered depending on where you were drawn in the previous round. In which case we would have had the same number as Swansea.

Butterfly effect means that the draw wouldn't have been the same anyway. But now I'm curious about the numbering.

Yeah I think you’re right that it’s not numbered by the alphabet anymore. It’s probably more complex to work out now.

Not quite related but on a similar note, a few years ago when Noel Gallagher and Serge from Kasabian did the draw and they each picked the teams they support against each other, I want to know what the odds on that happening was.

The way I think it works:

3rd round is alphabetical (we've always 2 or 3.....depends if Accrington make the 3rd round).

The next rounds are numbered by the position in the previous rounds is that makes sense....so if you're drawn first out the hat, you'll be ball number 1 in the next round.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

i think you might be numbered depending on where you were drawn in the previous round.

Yes, the winner of the tie drawn out first in the previous round draw is number 1, the winner of the second tie is 2 and so on.

• Like 3

On 08/01/2019 at 09:21, Stevo985 said:
On 08/01/2019 at 09:13, Shropshire Lad said:

You're all wrong.  The Chelsea ball would be heated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â