Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Swansea FAC

limpid

Match Polls  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/19 at 23:59

Lansbury and Davis looked good. The rest is better not spoken of really.

Swansea defended well to be fair to them.

We looked completely disjointed and couldn't hold onto the ball at all. So many sloppy passes.

1 minute ago, Derryvillan said:

McGinn apart they all lack energy.Adomah and Kodjia can bugger off.Jimmy Danger my stones.Thinks hes Messi rather than pass.Ref was shite too.About 4 times they caught McGinn late and as we had the ball he waved play on and did nothing.Taylor did it at the end and got booked straight away.

Yep, ref was a tw*t. Books Fer in the 92nd when it should've been for tackle on Taylor. 

Same thing we've seen all season with treatment of Grealish. Finally get booked in stoppage time after hacking him all game. Total bullsh*t

8 minutes ago, Avcol said:

Keep telling myself it's a cup game and is meaningless, but how can you not be concerned after watching that? Disgustingly poor at the back. Swansea walked the ball through us so many times, the third goal was cringeworthy. As someone else mentioned in the match thread it's farcical and it's happening every game. 

The problem is this has been how almost every cup performance has gone for the last 6-7 years maybe longer.

If you look past the crap managers, endless reliance on loans, we have also somehow failed to develop anything significant from a youth perspective, we never have depth, just 11-15 players or less that start and the rest make up the numbers.

I see other teams bring their youth in or players desperate to play in the cups and sometimes actually win.

also Hutton can't defend.

• Like 2

Noticed a lot more kids there than usual today, probably their first game or a christmas present and we serve up that **** shit.

Take losing but never accept half hearted no effort nothing performances. AGAIN. Soft in the tackle, no second balls won, walk right through us, out muscle us. PATHETIC.

So many players at this club can just get to ****. Not arsed players. Last or best contract of their career players. Happy not to play more games players and happy being in the championship at this stage players.

****. RIGHT. OFF.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

Not making excuses but the decline mirrors the period of Tammy being taped up and today he's gone. The player's need to move on and forget about him and the club need a number of new player's too.

We can still make the play-offs but the vibe around the club is turning shit. Dean Smith has to really earn his money now, Jesus needs to deliver a miracle too..

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I suspect you are right....but defence is the responsibility of the whole team.

When we watch the games we can clearly see the work off the ball is absent, its too benevolent as a whole....the collective approach is lightweight.

Its a big job, mate.

I hope Dean is up for it.

Whilst I agree with your sentiments on collective responsibility, so many of the goals we concede come from individual errors. Players just not being in the right position. El Ghazi let Dyer walk in front of him through on goal for the second and the third was such a mess it's hard to pin on one individual. Although when you look at it you see Hutton flying in, which at first seems like a valiant effort but then you wonder why he's over on the left when he's playing right-back.

It all seems extremely disorganized. As someone mentioned in the match thread, Smith doesn't have a great record in producing defensively resolute sides, and whilst I'm not panicking yet, it is concerning. Even moreso when you think we have Terry on board.

1 minute ago, chips'ngravy said:

Although when you look at it you see Hutton flying in, which at first seems like a valiant effort but then you wonder why he's over on the left when he's playing right-back.

He was playing left center back.

On a positive note: Lansbury looked good when he came on in the DM role

Our two wide players were very poor today. Adomah - Just downright lazy and a yard behind the pace all the time. El Ghazi - Looks good going forward but offers nothing defensively and was to blame for the second goal.

Bree - Terrible today. I can't remember one decent cross he put over

lets get this into perspective this was a makeshift side . Bree can not cross a ball , Hutton can not fill in for Chester, O'Hare is not where near Grealish standard. Hogan, I always want to do well, but He just doesn't cut it . El Ghazi again is hit and miss I am so gad this was  a cup match as they didn't seem bothered at all I am not reading too much into the result TBH. 

This time last year Peterborough taught us a lesson aswell wouldn’t panic yet but January will be vital in getting players in and today might be a blessing in disguise for that as it magnifies we badly need reinforcements in certain areas.A worry I would have thought is smiths side was notoriously streaky either bang at it or awful they also had long unbeaten  runs and also struggled for long spells aswell Villa can’t afford a dip in form at this stage hopefully we can turn it around next week .

3 minutes ago, dutchavfc1982 said:

lets get this into perspective this was a makeshift side . Bree can not cross a ball , Hutton can not fill in for Chester, O'Hare is not where near Grealish standard. Hogan, I always want to do well, but He just doesn't cut it . El Ghazi again is hit and miss I am so gad this was  a cup match as they didn't seem bothered at all I am not reading too much into the result TBH. 

I think what this tells us is that our squad players are not up to the job. Which is worrying because when you have injuries, like we have, you need those players to be able to come into the side and either fill in or add something different. 

Which is worrying because we already need to replace 1/2 of the team at the end of season anyway. 

We need Neil Warnock on loan until the end of the season to put the ****s up em.

Can you possibly imagine his response in the dressing room to some of our offerings of late.

7 minutes ago, BigAl said:

This time last year Peterborough taught us a lesson aswell wouldn’t panic yet but January will be vital in getting players in and today might be a blessing in disguise for that as it magnifies we badly need reinforcements in certain areas.A worry I would have thought is smiths side was notoriously streaky either bang at it or awful they also had long unbeaten  runs and also struggled for long spells aswell Villa can’t afford a dip in form at this stage hopefully we can turn it around next week .

do you honestly think anyone at Villa Park needed that game today to highlight our short comings?.....If they do, I fear for us.

Edited by TRO

Â