MaVilla

10 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

I'd go....

Steer

Bree   Elphick   Revan   Taylor

Adomah JDH Lansbury El Ghazi

O'Hare

Hogan

Yeah, I’d be pleased if we saw that. I’m not sure we will, but it would be great for the youngsters. 

Edited by alreadyexists

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah, I’d be pleased if we saw that. I’m not sure we will, but it would be great for the youngsters. 

Gives us a spine of young players and plenty of experience integrated into the team too.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not caring if we lose is a defeatist attitude we’ve had for too many years at this club. We should care, and we should want to win and go to the next round. Let’s not add to the bit of a sticky run we’ve had. 

Also, if we want to see the likes of O'Hare and Doyle-Hayes breaking into the first team it's important they have an impact in these games and end up on the side of a positive result giving them a further opportunity in the 4th round.  Unlike last season against Peterborough. 

Furthermore, I can't stand a blank weekend in the 4th round.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/harries-recalls-fond-villa-memories

HEADING TO VILLA PARK WILL HOLD FOND MEMORIES FOR DEFENDER CIAN HARRIES WHEN SWANSEA CITY LOOK TO SECURE PASSAGE THROUGH TO THE FOURTH ROUND OF THE FA CUP THIS AFTERNOON (3PM).

The 21-year-old has a lifelong connection with Aston Villa and used to sit in the Trinity Road Stand as a youngster dreaming of one day running out at the famous old home.

Yet, when he did so in October, it was in Swansea City colours rather than those of the club whose academy set-up he was part of between the ages of six and 14.

While the result was not what he had wanted as the Swans suffered a 1-0 defeat, it was still a special moment for the left-footed centre-back.

“Starting at Villa Park was a dream come true,” says the Wales Under-21 international with a smile.

“When you’re growing up in the academy, you’re dreaming about walking out in a claret and blue shirt. But, walking out in a Swansea shirt was just as good for me. 

Treat this as an afternoon off worrying. Will be fun to see what the the second-stringers can do (presumably against similar strength Swansea) but it will signify very little in the broader struggle to reach-establish the club as a serious force in football.

Hope we win of course but no great doom & gloom for me if we lose.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

DwJvuktW0AAwAU6.png

Really surprised to see McGinn tbh, DS said he looked tired, and i think we have all seen that also in the last couple of games, really surprised he's starting.

Would have thought giving Bjarnason some minutes for match sharpness, then using Lansbury later on? (i know BB isnt as good, but McGinn is too important to not rest if he's tired)

I wonder who is starting in the AMC (Grealish) role?, i would assume O'Hare? (and not El Ghazi?)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

At last OHare gets his chance. Hope he has a blinder and makes himself undroppable. We need this sort of player in the team as long as Grealish is out

• Like 1