Pre-match thread

MaVilla

12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

It's being shown in the US on ESPN+ for US fans (and others who are more of a deviant persuasion) ;)

So, just to be clear, a person who was a US fan AND of a deviant persuasion could still watch it?  asking for a friend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

is this game available on the red button?

No but Coral are streaming it.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've always been in the League is priority camp to be honest.

This might change after we are promoted and have a big enough squad to compete for everything.

For now, I see it as an opportunity for fringe players and youngsters to stake their claim.

Nothing more.

So do I but I think we put too much emphasis on players needing rests. Some players of top clubs featuring in all competitions can play up to 50-60 games a season at the highest level.

The players fitness would have been assessed and if first teamers are good to go then put them in.

In terms of injuries, as we have seen with Nyland and Axel. They can happen anytime.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've always been in the League is priority camp to be honest.

This might change after we are promoted and have a big enough squad to compete for everything.

For now, I see it as an opportunity for fringe players and youngsters to stake their claim.

Nothing more.

you probably weren't one of those that slaughtered bruce for it (or others at least back to Martin O'neil).  I think it's a lose / lose for the manager.  If he goes big he get's slaughtered if he rests everyone he gets slaughtered.  most try to go somewhere in the middle and they still get slaughtered by some.  my favorite post recently was the one that said essentailly, balanced and nuanced views is not the strength of many, at least not on a forum.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really? I thought broadcasting of football in Uk between 3-5 wasn’t allowed. 

That’s what it says on the app. Next to all the games.